• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

East GA  WARREN COUNTY CLUB: 1800 ACRES. Deer/Turkey/Hog/Yote. Power/Water, w/pics & map !!!

95gAtl

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
***** UPDATE: 2 memberships left. First come, first served. Thank you.

NOTE: This is a YEARLY MEMBERSHIP. We are NOT offering "hog only" or "deer only" membership.
NOTE: NOT offering daily or weekly memberships. Sorry.
NOTE: MAXIMUM MEMBERSHIP IS LIMITED TO 25 TOTAL MEMBERS.
NOTE: We are NOT offering running of dogs, regardless of season. Sorry.
NOTE: Bow hunters welcome. Black powder hunters welcome. Firearm hunters welcome.
NOTE: This is a daily PIN-BOARD system, first come first served.
MAP IT: Within 5 minutes of here: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=barne...,-95.712891&sspn=30.352524,56.337891&t=h&z=11
....Georgia Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=barne...30328,-95.712891&sspn=30.352524,56.337891&z=7
...................................................................................................................
Hello. I spoke w/our club president a couple of weeks ago and I believe we are looking for 3 more members. 1800 total PRIVATE LAND acres. we will go up to a MAX of 25 total members.

If you are very, very serious, please let me know and I arrange a tour for you.

** YES --- your child under 18 years old hunts w/you under YOUR membership. Deer limit apply to your membership (see below).

DEER / TURKEY / HOG / YOTE

Deer - bucks are 4 points one side minimum. Total deer harvest per member, per year is 3. (2 does, 1 buck OR 1 doe, 2 bucks).

Hog: We got 'em!!! tons and tons of hog signs and tracks. Members have shot hogs while hunting deer and scouting land. We only have a couple routine hog hunters right now --- so this is your chance to hunt these animals off season! We have a bait permit too! Even have a couple traps --- you can bring traps too!!! NO running of dogs while hunting on the property, regardless of season. No exceptions. Sorry. Hogs are 24/7/365.

Turkey: Got a picture of about 15 turkey i nearly ran over w/the Tahoe.

Yote: tracks gallore. We've had them in camp one night - was too tired to shoot 'em. darn! Hunt 24/7/365.

GREAT LOCATION: WARREN COUNTY. 2 miles off I-20. Cell phones work amazing! Crystal clear b/c so close to interstate. My cell works on 90% of the property (tmobile-and they aren't great usually)
Mapquest BARNETT (in between Crawfordville and Norwood). I can tell you it takes about 2 hours from Suwanee GA (door to door). About 1 hour from Conyers/Covington or Athens. 2 hours from Marietta. That will give you a good idea where we are located.

CLUBHOUSE: approx 800 sq ft clubhouse (air conditioning and heat). 3 friges, 3 stoves, HUGE ice machine, sink, pots, pans, etc., etc. SATELLITE TV....YES!!! Large covered deck w/ceiling fans, BBQ's, and pot belly stove. Heck, sometimes I just hang out in the clubhouse and relax....! no sleeping quarters in clubhouse.

BATHROOMS: We have TWO full bathrooms. That means toilet, sink, HOT shower in each of them.

CAMP SITES W/FULL POWER AND WATER: We have spaces (and are making a couple more spaces) for your trailer. Power hookups and water. If you don't have a trailer/camper, tent is OK.

SITE: Several food plots, Several stands. Several streams/creeks. Many graded roads throughout. Mixed between hardwoods and pines...good amount of cleared utility/power line area (see pics). Can use your utility ATV if you don't have a capable suv/truck. Roads are passable with a 2wd when dry, after rain, you will likely need 4x4 to go anywhere remote. (My tahoe has made it everywhere without issues.) ---
HOWEVER, from Interstate to the actual hunting camp, a truck or suv is no problem. I brought my car there a few times and had no issues even after it rained.

Our main location has about 1200 acres. We have another location about 10 minutes away that has about 600 acres....close to SHARON, GA. This is a nice piece of property, I've hunted on it as well. It has NO power, water, etc. ONLY the 1200 acres has the clubhouse, power/water, and spots for your camping trailer. The PROCESSOR is within 15 minutes of either property. And they process hog year round. Ain't too much of anything else around out there -it's country.

I can tell you that I have been a member for a year, I been to the camp a dozen times and have not covered 50% of the land. 1200 acres is A LOT of land....Then we have the other 600 acres!!!

REQUIREMENTS: They are a good crowd and are looking for nice folks that respect each other, the rules, and good story telling in the evenings. Rules aren't crazy stupid, they are mainly safety rules and pin up board guidelines, etc. Obviously, the club won't tolerate trouble makers or people causing constant issues......

$1000 /year. You DEFINITELY get what you pay for. When you factor in the amenities, it is very very reasonable if you are active. When I researched hunting clubs, this one was the best i found for the money. I've seen many that were $500-$700 w/out clubhouses, and no power/water. I know the economy is tough, i'm in the same position....but I feel strongly it is worth every penny..

Please PM me with serious questions and such.
We will show the property to serious potential members on weekends, no problem.

Thanks!!!
Brian - (please PM me and include questions/phone number ..... OR ..... you may text me at 678 9787l82 (between 8am-9pm please).

i191.photobucket.com_albums_z315_95gatl_4.jpg

i191.photobucket.com_albums_z315_95gatl_7.jpg

i191.photobucket.com_albums_z315_95gatl_1_1.jpg

i191.photobucket.com_albums_z315_95gatl_2_1.jpg

i191.photobucket.com_albums_z315_95gatl_3_1.jpg

i191.photobucket.com_albums_z315_95gatl_5.jpg

Last edited:
Every deer I ever killed was in Warren County. My uncle owns property there and Glascock county next door. Lunch at Ms. Jane's is FTW!!

^^^^ this property borders Taliaferro County....so it's western Warren county - closer to ATL. Never heard of Ms. Jane's. I can say that the only eatin' place I know of is Heavy's BBQ in Crawfordville. Other than that, I believe you need to drive 20 miles to eat anything. :)

This past fall I was just hanging out in the woods looking for hogs. Was leaning against a tree with my rifle on a stump. Heard movement, and a HUGE buck was trotting towards me. I stood still and he walked right by me (could have spit on him- that close)...I made a slight movement and he vanished in about 3 seconds. Pretty good size rack See numerous Does on the powerline clearing. If you look closing on one of the pics, you will see a fairly decent sized doe. All pics were from camera phone, so quality is so-so.

I'm more of a hog huntin' guy...I usually let the deer walk and live another day. Would LOVE to get some hog members!

-Brian

Is there anywhere on the property that you can target shoot if you’re not hunting? (Obviously not during prime hunting hours..)

Is there anywhere on the property that you can target shoot if you’re not hunting? (Obviously not during prime hunting hours..)

YES....there is an area that we site in our rifles --- not during hunting season OR when other people may be hunting hog of course.

Not to sound like a jerk, however, please understand, this is a hunting club, not a target shooting club. While you most likely can get away with a little bit of target shooting throughout the off peak times of the year, I'm not certain if we really want people primarily using the property for target practice. In other words, to site in rifles...YES. To target shoot for a few minutes, probably no problem. But if someone was shooting for a couple hours, that wouldn't fly while other members are there I suspect.

Hope that clarifies your question. Thanks.

FURTHER CLARIFICATION ABOUT TARGET SHOOTING:

I had an opportunity to speak w/club president today regarding target shooting since there have been a couple questions regarding it. Pretty much just like I stated about, we really don't want to use the property as a target range, it is a hunting club. With that said, I found out the club is planning on setting up an area to site in your hunting rifles at. We are going to have a bench and table, as well as 25/50/100 yard sites. So siting in rifles (or hunting pistols) 1. not during deer/turkey seasons AND 2. not while other members are hunting in the area --- like hogs / coyotes / small game.

UPDATE: We have ONLY 2 hunting memberships available for this year.

AVAILABLE TO SHOW: Thursday evening / Friday / Saturday morning --- June 30-July 2.

Back
Top Bottom