• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Warner Robins M&G (UPDATED)

Damn! This sucks! My daughter locked herself out of her F150 this morning and of course, Daddy had to go deal with it so she could get to work this evening. Oh well... at least yall had fun.:thumb:

Darn it- I was looking forward to meeting you. Glad you got the truck unlocked (I'm assuming with all the windows intact :) )

Had a great time- got to meet some new folks and say hello to some I'd met before.

Now ya'll let me know about shooting tomorrow.

Darn it- I was looking forward to meeting you. Glad you got the truck unlocked (I'm assuming with all the windows intact :) )

Had a great time- got to meet some new folks and say hello to some I'd met before.

Meeting at my house at around 8 or cracker barrel in perry at 8:30. Everyone can load up in the excursion if yall want

Had a great time today.

It was good to meet everyone that could make it.

Food was great at the ElBronco.

Thanks again to rax_wall for putting this together and thanks to those that donated for the drawing items that were given away.

Looking forward to the next time.

Meeting at my house at around 8 or cracker barrel in perry at 8:30. Everyone can load up in the excursion if yall want

I'm afraid 8:00 is too early for me. I'm still happy to meet you guys out at the gun club some time. Even tomorrow afternoon... I don't do early well on the weekends. I get outside late and deal with the heat :)

Had to drill out the rivet that makes the hinge point on the passenger side vent window. Good old vent windows. Why did they ever stop making cars with vent windows?

Had to drill out the rivet that makes the hinge point on the passenger side vent window. Good old vent windows. Why did they ever stop making cars with vent windows?

Well, I guess it could have been a lot worse. I'm seriously considering buying one of those air-jacks that the locksmiths use to flex the door/window open a little. My wife locked herself out of her car a few weeks ago and we paid a guy $40 to bring his $30 tool to flex the door frame and hit the unlock button with a bent rod.

I'm not disappointed with the guy or anything, but I think having one of those tools would be very handy.

Well, I guess it could have been a lot worse. I'm seriously considering buying one of those air-jacks that the locksmiths use to flex the door/window open a little. My wife locked herself out of her car a few weeks ago and we paid a guy $40 to bring his $30 tool to flex the door frame and hit the unlock button with a bent rod.

I'm not disappointed with the guy or anything, but I think having one of those tools would be very handy.
If you have the VIN you can get a GOOD locksmith to make another key from that. If the vehicle is not too old the dealership can make one. My wife locked herself out of her old 04 Camry back in 13. So I took the insurance card with VIN to Lowe Toyota. The parts department guy told me he could only assure me that the new key would open the door.He couldn't say if it would start the car or not. I told him that's all I needed it to do. Well he cut the new key and I was bracing myself for the price when he handed it to me and said it would be $6.00. I could NOT believe thee was anything available at ANY new car lot for $6.00. AND.. not only did it unlock the car it started it too. So I tell everyone in middle GA if you have to buy a Toyota go to Lowe Toyota. They have one of the best reps in middle GA.

If you have the VIN you can get a GOOD locksmith to make another key from that. If the vehicle is not too old the dealership can make one. My wife locked herself out of her old 04 Camry back in 13. So I took the insurance card with VIN to Lowe Toyota. The parts department guy told me he could only assure me that the new key would open the door.He couldn't say if it would start the car or not. I told him that's all I needed it to do. Well he cut the new key and I was bracing myself for the price when he handed it to me and said it would be $6.00. I could NOT believe thee was anything available at ANY new car lot for $6.00. AND.. not only did it unlock the car it started it too. So I tell everyone in middle GA if you have to buy a Toyota go to Lowe Toyota. They have one of the best reps in middle GA.

Wow- that's good to know.

This guy was pretty good- and we actually had the door key. My wife left the key fob in the dash and the car running at the daycare so it wouldn't get hot while she picked up the baby. Well, she had the door key to the one lock cylinder on the car. And it would not catch.

Later we figured out that when someone used a slim jim to get her in before (Fire Dept- long story) that little move disconnected the door lock from the lock cylinder. The guy that opened the door for us told me how to reconnect it- I just haven't done it yet. So basically we have keyless entry into that car and nothing else right now.

Wow- that's good to know.

This guy was pretty good- and we actually had the door key. My wife left the key fob in the dash and the car running at the daycare so it wouldn't get hot while she picked up the baby. Well, she had the door key to the one lock cylinder on the car. And it would not catch.

Later we figured out that when someone used a slim jim to get her in before (Fire Dept- long story) that little move disconnected the door lock from the lock cylinder. The guy that opened the door for us told me how to reconnect it- I just haven't done it yet. So basically we have keyless entry into that car and nothing else right now.
Yeah the slim Jim route has broken quite a few door locks and is the main reason that cops and firemen usually won't help open your locked vehicle anymore.

Back
Top Bottom