• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walt builds a family fallout shelter (circa 1960)

I love these old reels.

I thought they did a good job selling the idea by saying how you could also use it as a spare bedroom, dark room, etc.

Makes me wonder, though. Did the concrete block mfgr assoc drop a big ol' campaign contribution into a few key politicians and all of a sudden your government is urging you to build a fallout shelter in your own home? Makes ya wonder...

Oh heck yeah. That old man knew his stuff ! Lol.
How do yall like that concrete ceiling? :thumb:

love these old vids ! Thanks for posting

Simpler times, even with nukes.

Oddly enough the nukes are still there to destroy us how many times over but we aren't being warned by our government to build shelters in our homes?

Why aren't shelters a part of the new building codes? Especially for schools and public buildings?

Hey, I don't have any answers but I sure do have a buncha questions!

Oddly enough the nukes are still there to destroy us how many times over but we aren't being warned by our government to build shelters in our homes?

Why aren't shelters a part of the new building codes? Especially for schools and public buildings?

Not to worry Hayata the elite have a plan to save their asses so they can direct the ones fortunate enough to survive to build Shangri-La out of the ashes for us to live happily ever after with their guidance.

Are concrete blocks radiation proof???:doh:
This may help in a tornadee or ChiComms small arms fire...
...but I still want one.:)

Back
Top Bottom