• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart Banned for life. (merged threads)

1F888C3C-F1A0-4477-B761-F3EE76FA348B.jpeg

But why would the sign be legally required? By who and to what purpose?

Let’s say an establishment doesn’t want you exercising a certain right,or wants to prohibit something. They have the legal obligation to make sure signage is posted at the entrance of the business,to inform the customer

I’m sure you’ve seen the “No Shirt,No Shoes,No Service” signs in doorways before as an example

By state law,the individual did absolutely nothing wrong.

Yes,Walmart may have had a “press release”.....However that release is not sufficient “Legally posted notification” upon entry to their stores.

You see speed limit signs as the posted legal lawful speed limits on the roads as an example. You see them so you know what the posted speed limit is.

To put this clearly....if a business wants to restrict your personal rights within their place of business....the individual must be properly informed. This means having the proper legal signs and information available,immediately before or immediately upon entry. Then,the individual is informed and can decide whether they want to enter that place of business to have their rights restricted.

However,everything is not always perfect in real life

Sick of that crap. I have lived here 20yrs and was here before they built the damn Walmart. They ask to see my receipt life I am a criminal stealing from them.
The joke is that if I grabbed a TV and walked out they aren't allowed to follow me or chase me. IDIOTS!
I know. The first time the greeter girl asked for my receipt I was carrying a 15 pack of Keystone Light. She just kept on asking and finally I said " Do you really think if I was stealing beer it would be THIS cheap ****?!"
Just stop cooperating with them. Their po,icy clearly states that they can't stop people that they know are stealing. So if they're that weak on actual crime I say **** 'EM!

Let’s say an establishment doesn’t want you exercising a certain right,or wants to prohibit something. They have the legal obligation to make sure signage is posted at the entrance of the business,to inform the customer

I’m sure you’ve seen the “No Shirt,No Shoes,No Service” signs in doorways before as an example

By state law,the individual did absolutely nothing wrong.

Yes,Walmart may have had a “press release”.....However that release is not sufficient “Legally posted notification” upon entry to their stores.

You see speed limit signs as the posted legal lawful speed limits on the roads as an example. You see them so you know what the posted speed limit is.

To put this clearly....if a business wants to restrict your personal rights within their place of business....the individual must be properly informed. This means having the proper legal signs and information available,immediately before or immediately upon entry. Then,the individual is informed and can decide whether they want to enter that place of business to have their rights restricted.

However,everything is not always perfect in real life
I thought that's where you were going with this.

Walmart has no legal requirement to post anything because they cannot make laws. A speed limit sign is posted by the government and comes under government law.

Sign or no sign, all Walmart can do is tell someone to leave. Only if that person refuses is there a law involved and that is criminal trespass. No sign posted by them can make it illegal to carry a weapon in their stores.

Back
Top Bottom