• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Waders

ptelite

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
107   0
Reaction score
I’m going fly fishing next weekend and want to get a set of decent waders, but don’t want to spend a fortune because I don’t go very often. I’d prefer some with the neoprene liners and will by boots too as opposed to those with the boots built in. Any suggestions? I’d like to be under $150.

check out the cabelas and bass pro house brands. they are solid. had a pair of redhead (bass pro) neoprene waders for quite a few years. only reason i stopped wearing them is my gut outgrew them haha.

I bought a pair of LL Bean emerger waders last year on sale . Total humdingers . They have been through heck and back . No leaks so far . Knock on wood .

I’m going fly fishing next weekend and want to get a set of decent waders, but don’t want to spend a fortune because I don’t go very often. I’d prefer some with the neoprene liners and will by boots too as opposed to those with the boots built in. Any suggestions? I’d like to be under $150.

why neoprene?

Neoprene provides more insulation and is tougher than other materials. They are heavy, but should last a long time.

neo actually sucks. get breathable waders and wear sweats under.
the neo will make you sweat bad in the warmer months and just get
to hot. sweat starts to run down your legs and you will swear they are leaking.
it will drive you nuts.
i get about 2 yrs out of neo's. bass pro breathables, i got 9 solid yrs with a few hundred
trips out of and have been on my second pair for 12 yrs and still going strong. again with
several hundred trips out of. my boots are cabelas felt soles. GET FELT. rubber boots slip
bad on algae covered rocks and you will face plant and just not want to get up lol.
both times i found my boots and waders on sale and invested $150 TOPS for both.

I love my Cabelas Felt boots. I am amazed at the durability. I think I got them last year with gift cards I got at christmas. $89 LOL. Worn them at least 50 + times out on the water.

yessir. wading doesnt have to be expensive to do and with a bit of thought
you can buy right the first time and have yrs of fun. funny thing, i use to think the felt
would wear down just by walking on the rd to my fishing spot. man was i wrong lol.
that stuff is tough as the rd itself. i will never wade again in rubber sole boots and nor will
i ever have the boot/pants all in one set either.

yessir. wading doesnt have to be expensive to do and with a bit of thought
you can buy right the first time and have yrs of fun. funny thing, i use to think the felt
would wear down just by walking on the rd to my fishing spot. man was i wrong lol.
that stuff is tough as the rd itself. i will never wade again in rubber sole boots and nor will
i ever have the boot/pants all in one set either.
Agreed, I can hike in mine and navigate the streams with efficiency.

Felt soles are a must for slick rocks found in trout waters. I have found the best deals at Academy. I once was a die hard Cabela’s fan, but, not since BPS screwed up the place.

Back
Top Bottom