• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Waco, Ruby Ridge, and other events

overdfl

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
42   0
Reaction score
So during this pandemic I watched the Netflix series "Waco". I was in college when that all went down. I remember the general story, but I never questioned the actual events. After watching the series it seems somewhat different than what I remember was reported. I realize the series was based off former church members, a disgraced ATF agent, and the negotiator for the FBI whom was thrown to the wolves by the FBI after the event so the series isn't unbiased.
The series showed the FBI, DOJ, and ATF as complete jack legs. I actually had some dealings with ATF several years later and I did not get the same impressions. The agents I dealt with answered my questions and seemed like pretty good guys (but they weren't shooting at me either).
So, what are the claims of what happened and the "theories" of what really happened? What say you?

http://www.davekopel.com/Waco/LawRev/warrant.htm

The warrants were BS based on BS info.

They could have picked Koresh up any time on his DAILY runs to town.

When Koresh learned they were being investigated the Branch Dividians offered to let the agents into the compound to look at”supposed illegal guns”. ATF refused

David Koresh was a nutjob

ATF was about to be defunded and called the operation “Showtime” because it was a publicity effort. I believe it was intended to boost public opinion by showing on TV the cult and bad guns taken off the streets by the agency.

BTW I know for a fact there are ATF agents as members here, some for work, some for play.

It was a good show, just finished it last night. Absolutely no after action accountability to that debacle. Some of it seemed a little sensationalized but definitely entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom