• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vz85/2008 Mako folding stock with cheek riser

Wolf six

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
107   0
Reaction score
The vz58 and its clone the 2008 are very awesome rifles with features other x39 guns leave to be desired. I like the aftermarket stocks available to the rifle. So ordered the Mako folding stock with cheek riser. This stock is made of polymer (it has fiber re-enforcement) and screws into the back of the rifle. the textured cheek piece is adjusted with the level in front of the butt pad.

Here are the specs:

Weight 15.5 ounces (439 gr)
Width 1.9" (49 mm)
Height 5.3" (135 mm)
Length 11.3" (288 mm)

This stock retails for $127.80, but i thought it was the best for the money. Man was i wrong. This stock is only longer than the original slab side folder because the butt-pad and needs about another inch in length. That is the only problem i have with this stock. Its too short. I was test firing with with a vest on and it was too short. I'm not the biggest person if you have ever met me. A positive for this stock would be all the sling type attachment point. QD swivel, claw ,and loop. The butt pad is very nice and "grippy", and the cheek riser is textured so your face wont slide off when sweaty. The riser also helps a lot for getting an actual cheek weld for optic use. The stock hinge is easy usable. The button may be a little small for use with gloves. It is a push button to fold and a lift up or pull back to lock the stock open. The stock really doesn't lock closed because its polymer. Also it only comes in black

Overall if this stock was $80+ S&h i would not be too disappointed. I'm upset that the LOP isn't adjustable, that it doesnt lock open and the price.
Im going to return this stock and get a stormwerks and a folding buffer tube attachment.

7/10 too damn costly, no adjustable length and no color option.

100_1503 - Copy.jpg100_1504 - Copy.jpg100_1505 - Copy.jpg100_1506 - Copy.jpg100_1507 - Copy.jpgView attachment 282121

Back
Top Bottom