• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veterans?

I only use the VA for my annual physical, to stay in the system.
For my regular care I use my Medicare supplemental.
No copays no out of pocket. Unless something drastic happens and I’m in the hospital.

When you guys do community care appointments do the practices keep sending you flipping bills? I'm telling you every time I do community care the doctors try to send me a bill even though it is a VA appointment.

I get them sometimes when the Doctors billing department personnel are new. I need a dental operation it took 6 months for a examination, now the private care Dentist says she will send her findings to the VA, that will be another 6 months before I see a dentist, they are using Covid-19 for the year excuse.

I only use the VA for my annual physical, to stay in the system.
For my regular care I use my Medicare supplemental.
No copays no out of pocket. Unless something drastic happens and I’m in the hospital.
I bailed from the VA after contracting a ****ty disease and losing my insurance
As soon as is I started Medicare I bailed on the VA (They misdiagnosed me with a worse situation and then tried to lie about it, I had copies of everything before they amended my record).

So now I have good private docs, can I do the same to stay in the system? Been 4 years, any clue before I spend a week on hold after calling.....

I bailed from the VA after contracting a ****ty disease and losing my insurance
As soon as is I started Medicare I bailed on the VA (They misdiagnosed me with a worse situation and then tried to lie about it, I had copies of everything before they amended my record).

So now I have good private docs, can I do the same to stay in the system? Been 4 years, any clue before I spend a week on hold after calling.....

Good day, I highly recommend giving the VA another shot. Since they had to restructure a few years ago, the appointment system is much better. Typically, when I put in for an appointment I get a call the next day or same day. Before it would take weeks or months to get a call back.

Best part is all of my appointments have been 3rd party Doctors. They try to pick locations closest to you and on your schedule. And they pay you back for gas mileage. My appointments have been under 30 mins and hardly a wait at all.

Back
Top Bottom