• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veterans?

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
When you guys do community care appointments do the practices keep sending you flipping bills? I'm telling you every time I do community care the doctors try to send me a bill even though it is a VA appointment.

The first time I used community care I got a bill. I made a call to the doctors office and found out that the billing actually wasn't done in the office but at the corporate office down the road. I called there and spoke to the nice lady in charge of such things and it was taken care of. Haven't hade an issue since.

I get bills for any visits that involve the local hospital. Surgery a few months ago on my knee the surgeon and the hospital got paid but the anesthesiologists keep billing me. No one told them it was VA I guess. I explained to them that the hospital hired them and it was their responsibility to inform them not mine.

I get a statement that says it’s not a bill. Legally they cannot bill you, call the patient Advocacy office and they will handle it. I had a female ex crew chief AF agent put me on the phone with a hospital and chewed them out.

I get bills for any visits that involve the local hospital. Surgery a few months ago on my knee the surgeon and the hospital got paid but the anesthesiologists keep billing me. No one told them it was VA I guess. I explained to them that the hospital hired them and it was their responsibility to inform them not mine.
I've found out through past interactions (not associated with CC VA, BTW) that anesthesiologists are the ones who are the most likely to not accept most traditional insurance like Medicare, Medicaid and even some of the more popular kinds of secondary insurance. It's like they're subcontractors and gonna get their damn money or sumpin....

I've found out through past interactions (not associated with CC VA, BTW) that anesthesiologists are the ones who are the most likely to not accept most traditional insurance like Medicare, Medicaid and even some of the more popular kinds of secondary insurance. It's like they're subcontractors and gonna get their damn money or sumpin....
I pretty much told them where to stick it. I was informed by the surgeon that everything was approved to go ahead. If they didn't inform the anesthesiologists that it was VA or choose one that would except VA payment it's not my problem. So far that seems to have worked. Like I said, the surgeon hired them, not me.

I get a statement that says it’s not a bill. Legally they cannot bill you, call the patient Advocacy office and they will handle it. I had a female ex crew chief AF agent put me on the phone with a hospital and chewed them out.
Yeah this one looks like they were trying to put it on my credit as well. I got it squared away but it annoyed me.

Back
Top Bottom