• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

vehicle registration question....

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
226   0
Reaction score
Can I just turn in my tag? The ass pirates in Macon/Bibb say my car is worth $1,680. Edmunds says $750. Both are wrong as the transmission is toast. Car is almost valueless. I want to drop it from insurance and do not want to pay AV tax to keep registration current if I'm not driving it. Can't I simply keep it backed into my garage and turn in the tag if I do not move it? At least until I decide to fix the tranny?

Can I just turn in my tag? The ass pirates in Macon/Bibb say my car is worth $1,680. Edmunds says $750. Both are wrong as the transmission is toast. Car is almost valueless. I want to drop it from insurance and do not want to pay AV tax to keep registration current if I'm not driving it. Can't I simply keep it backed into my garage and turn in the tag if I do not move it? At least until I decide to fix the tranny?
yes

You need to turn in the tag and tell them the vehicle is inoperative before you cancel the insurance. I found out the hard way but got lucky and had a clerk that back dated the inop report so I didn't have to pay the uninsured vehicle fee when I finally fixed it (tranny issue for me too) and tried to renew the tag.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Note ----------------"enclosed building"

Sec. 15-53. - Keeping, storage of nonoperating vehicles.

It shall be unlawful for any person in charge or control of any property within Macon-Bibb County, whether as owner, tenant, occupant, lessee or agent thereof, to permit or allow any partially dismantled, nonoperating, wrecked, junked or discarded vehicle of any kind or character to remain on the property within Macon-Bibb County longer than fifteen (15) days unless the vehicle is stored in an enclosed building or located on the premises of a business enterprise operated in a lawful place or manner, when necessary or incidental to the operation of the business enterprise.

https://library.municode.com/ga/macon-bibb_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIIICOOR_CH15NU

Back
Top Bottom