• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vehicle guns, how many have them and leave them in the vehicle

Do you have assigned car/truck/boat/camper guns in your vehicles, and leave em in

• Yes,

Votes: 43 33.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 36.2%
  • I live in a big crime ridden city so I cannot

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • No I do not believe in it, too dangerous

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 20 15.7%

• Total voters
I feel like I've read this thread before.
Couple of questions- can you guys not unholster and holster while seated? I can and I am far from an operator and carry a full size M&P.
Can you not carry and drag Christmas lights out of the garage? Personally, I haven't hung Christmas lights in a long time but assume I could carry while doing it. Seems like it would be easier than trying to climb down from a ladder and run to the car when those lost Rastafarians drive up. I assume that's what was meant by dreadlocked out of place dudes.
And advertising on an open forum that you leave a booby-trapped pistol in your car seems like a possible way to get sued by some low-life and a smart attorney.

I usually leave a plugged barrel Hi Point on the floor as a decoy, if I do have to go inside 285 and park anywhere.

If you expect your booby-trapped High Point to blow up in the criminal's face when he tries to shoot you with it,
I hope that you plugged it with a 4 inch long steel bolt 3/8" inch diameter welded to the barrel on both at the muzzle and just forward of the chamber.

Anything less then that level of blockage isn't going to be an obstruction-- the High Point will just spit it out and fling the crap out at you along with the bullet that will kill you.

Caulk, glue, solder, even concrete poured down the barrel & allowed to harden will not stop a High Point from working!

I have a good hidey hole, and have to be in and out of buildings where carrying a gun is a legal no-no.

In fact, I have a long gun in a very concealed location that a thief would have to steal the vehicle to discover. I started doing that after the Atlanta riots. It's not "readily accessible" but accessible to me in less than a minute. I intend to make it a hard time for anyone blocking a road or exit between me and safety.

Excellent alarm system.

So it's either leave it in the car, or not have it when I leave home.

Like to see that posted as a poll, "If you couldn't carry when you left your car, would you leave in in the car or at home."

Wondering if it's legal to drive around with a shotgun in a gun rack on the back window of a pickup ??
Like the good ol' days.....

Went all through college in Tifton in the late 80's with one in my old Chevy truck (usually a Mod '94 right above it). Magically, no thug ever broke in and stole them. Wonder if that has something to do with the soft ass criminal system we have nowdays?

That was before background checks... a felon could literally walk into a hardware store and buy a long gun no questions asked. No need to break into cars.

No, I don't like BGCs, but they cut off an easy source of supply for felons which pushed them to get their guns in other ways.

And funny, I haven't heard anyone complain about cops leaving guns in their cars... Spend some time watching Lock Picking Lawyer on YT if you want to see how ridiculous the locks they use to secure their full-auto 'patrol rifles' in their vehicles really are.

And as for trunk locks, most cop cars use fleet keys. With Crown Vics it was estimated that 80% of all police forces used the same 'default' key. I don't know if it's that bad today, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Just wondering if how many folks, living in rural area that does leave them in, hidden of course, and cheap, but dependable guns JIC.
I usually leave a plugged barrel Hi Point on the floor as a decoy, if I do have to go inside 285 and park anywhere. they'd have to take time to find the vehicle guns.
Every waterboy in atlanta probably has a stolen (5 per day) firearm from a vehicle. What are the truck safe queens are going to say when they just steal your truck & then have all week to grab bolt cutters, crowbars etc. And if it’s that well hid your not gonna have time to get to it anyway. If mine showed up killing a NY cop for example ,well just go ahead and prosecute me for negligence.

Say you are outside pulling Christmas light outta the garage and a Van of dreadlocked, outta place dudes pull in, the car is closer than the house, so, what ya gonna do grab a hoe tor a box of tide pods to hold em off. There is another reqason to have that outta the house backup ready and loaded and retrieveable if not by cfar key, then use the hor to gain entry to it.
Why would you be out of the house and not be armed?
I’ve always carried if I step over the threshold (Since the day two pit bulls chased me from my mailbox to the front door. They had disappeared by the time I retrieved the bedside 12 gauge.)

Back
Top Bottom