• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vehicle guns, how many have them and leave them in the vehicle

Do you have assigned car/truck/boat/camper guns in your vehicles, and leave em in

• Yes,

Votes: 43 33.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 36.2%
  • I live in a big crime ridden city so I cannot

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • No I do not believe in it, too dangerous

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 20 15.7%

• Total voters
Just wondering if how many folks, living in rural area that does leave them in, hidden of course, and cheap, but dependable guns JIC.
I usually leave a plugged barrel Hi Point on the floor as a decoy, if I do have to go inside 285 and park anywhere. they'd have to take time to find the vehicle guns.
Wouldn't that just encourage some dude to break into your vehicle?

Nah. Only time they get left in the vehicle is when it's in the garage or driveway. And that's because I forgot and usually figure it out shortly after leaving them.

I say "hell no!" to leaving a pistol, in working condition, in a parked unattended vehicle especially at night.

That's too much risk that your gun will be stolen and introduced into the black market to be used by robbers and killers.

When gun is small, portable, and concealable, I say bring it into your home every night! Take it into your office when you work, every day.

But if I believe in having a long gun available, because rifles and shotguns are far more powerful than handguns, and rifles in carbines have five times the effective range...

...and knowing that most people live under circumstances that it's not easy to bring a long gun in an out of your car every morning and every night, without having the neighbors conclude that you are a psycho...

I can understand having an inexpensive but effective long gun -- a rifle, carbine, or shotgun -- that is just kept permanently in your vehicle.

For a good while I had an SKS behind the front seats of my vehicle. Magazine loaded but chamber empty. And a couple extra 10 round stripper clips kept handy.

I had a vinyl coated steel cable bicycle lock in the car, and at night I would use it to secure the gun to one of my seat posts.

My carry stays on me, holster or pocket. My “truck” gun is in my man-boy leather and fabric carry bag that screams rainbows and unicorns, also packed in there is suppressor, 2 sizes of caltrops, red and yellow smoke, pepper spray, first aid with antibiotics. Extra cash, silver. Flex cuffs and a Gerber mk2. Just in case the young hood rats get frisky. And no it don’t stay in there overnight!

Back
Top Bottom