• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vehicle guns, how many have them and leave them in the vehicle

Do you have assigned car/truck/boat/camper guns in your vehicles, and leave em in

• Yes,

Votes: 43 33.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 36.2%
  • I live in a big crime ridden city so I cannot

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • No I do not believe in it, too dangerous

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 20 15.7%

• Total voters
Your gun, your car. Do whatever you want. However I'd be willing to bet that lots of street thugs have pew-pews because people like y'all were too lazy to carry them 15 ft from the driveway to the house.
Say you are outside pulling Christmas light outta the garage and a Van of dreadlocked, outta place dudes pull in, the car is closer than the house, so, what ya gonna do grab a hoe tor a box of tide pods to hold em off. There is another reqason to have that outta the house backup ready and loaded and retrieveable if not by cfar key, then use the hor to gain entry to it.

I PARK my car anywhere I want and no one even goes near it let alone get in it.

Attachments

• F16D91E2-6368-4E27-9D02-5853021BFE28.jpeg
    F16D91E2-6368-4E27-9D02-5853021BFE28.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 12
If I'm in the vehicle there's a gun in the vehicle. When I get out so does the gun.
That's good enough for me

That's been my policy lately.
It's difficult to do with a long gun if you live in an urban or suburban environment and you don't want to bring a rifle or shotgun in and out of your vehicle daily, for all the world to see.

But if you had a braced "pistol" or stamped SBR, THAT kind of gun could fit into a computer bag or attaché case, for discreet transport while still having a lot more firepower and accuracy than your compact carry gun.

5C38EBB5-AA2C-4A40-940A-896A387EC5DB.jpeg

88C6B0A4-A4AE-4DE2-98EE-9386D8436053.jpeg

why not just deholster the EDC into the center console?

Because I don’t want people to see me put it back in the holster to get out. Not illegal but just want to avoid any issues from dumb people

Besides, if you are seen by the wrong person you have just confirmed there is an unattended gun in your vehicle.

Also, the more often you handle a weapon administratively the greater the number of opportunities for you to have some kind of ND. Simple math there. There are probably more NDs created by holstering a pistol than any other kind.

You leave a gun in your car in the Atlanta metro area and eventually it's going to get gone. It will grow legs and it will walk away!

Smashing your window and tearing up your glove box and console on it's way out...

Still, it's not just Atlanta. I've had friend get their trucks broken into at Bass Pro in Gwinnett and at Cabalas in Kennesaw.

Back
Top Bottom