• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vehicle guns, how many have them and leave them in the vehicle

Do you have assigned car/truck/boat/camper guns in your vehicles, and leave em in

• Yes,

Votes: 43 33.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 36.2%
  • I live in a big crime ridden city so I cannot

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • No I do not believe in it, too dangerous

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 20 15.7%

• Total voters
hidin cars now. But we got the A team figuring it out

File.jpg

The only way a LEO can pull you over in the first place is you have to have broken a law, otherwise the stop is illegal and anything found during the stop is inadmissible in court.

Trust me they'll find a way to make it a legal stop, crossed centerline, failure to maintain lane, failed to use turn signal, speeding 5 over limit stopped to give verbal warning, driver flipped me off, looked like Brandon on the back seat, etc, etc, etc don't ask how I know but I really, really do.

Did police follow and see the subject place the tarp on the bike? Or did they just know the address and found it after the fact? Because unless they actually seen the suspect cover the bike up they have no way to know if that is indeed the bike in question without searching and that would require a warrant to search. Thats a different scenario than mine.
The person possessing the bike was committing a crime The evidence of the crime was parked in his driveway.

SCOTUS said the bike could not be examined without a warrant, and the suspect could not be arrested.

It's exactly your scenario of committing a crime at his home.
Trust me they'll find a way to make it a legal stop, crossed centerline, failure to maintain lane, failed to use turn signal, speeding 5 over limit stopped to give verbal warning, driver flipped me off, looked like Brandon on the back seat, etc, etc, etc don't ask how I know but I really, really do.

Local favorite is "weaving within a lane" which is actually a crime in Georgia.

Just wondering if how many folks, living in rural area that does leave them in, hidden of course, and cheap, but dependable guns JIC.
I usually leave a plugged barrel Hi Point on the floor as a decoy, if I do have to go inside 285 and park anywhere. they'd have to take time to find the vehicle guns.
And just when I thought this thread was about the stupidadty of leaving a future murder weapon or anything of value in your car.

I know one Sargent that claims he can smell weed from a another car with windows up while going 55mph.

I have a gun in everything I own—-golf cart,utv,boat,camper,lawnmower,tractor and one in my pocket and pretty much in every room in my house.i have had one stole in the last 60 years.i am pretty sure I know who got it.they not expensive most are revolvers.

The person possessing the bike was committing a crime The evidence of the crime was parked in his driveway.

SCOTUS said the bike could not be examined without a warrant, and the suspect could not be arrested.

It's exactly your scenario of committing a crime at his home.
No its not, did the police actually see the suspect cover the bike up or did they presume that was the bike? If they are having to make a presumption then they would need a warrant to search the property because they dont actually know if that is the bike or not. If they physically seen the bike being covered up and they could bypass the need for a warrant and say it was in commission of a crime.
This is how they get around terry stops and searches of vehicles. Because they need probable cause that a crime has been committed to pull you over in the first place. They will try to use dogs to give themselves probable cause that there are drugs in a vehicle but that can be defeated in court by about any competent lawyer.

Oh i know. But thats where a camera comes in handy, you know them boys hate video evidence.
Luckily local LEO cant stop you for anything less than 10mph over posted speed limit unless in a school or construction zone (State troopers can but locals cannot).

Back
Top Bottom