• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

vehicle a/c issue

This string is getting pretty long but the A/C systems frequently clog when the compressor valves fail. Small particles then move through the system and collect at the expansion valve or oriface tube. The system then has to be flushed before replacing the old parts. In most cases the compressor, condenser, receiver/dryer and expansion valve all have to be replaced. Good luck and have fun.

I have added Freon to vehicles with the DIY cans when the compressor is running but not cooling like it should
And the gauge showed the system low

If getting the pressure back to normal doesn’t fix it, you’ve got other problems, I have taken several cars to AutoCool in Smyrna ,
They have always done good work fast. One car the compressor ran but wasn’t cooling and wouldn’t take more Freon. That usually means the compressor is toast inside somehow. last one of those cost me $850 but they had it fixed in one day.

I also have added AC to old cars using Vintage Air, installing all the components myself and then having a shop make up the flex hoses and charge the system,
We’ve had a couple different shops do it but Auto Cool does the best work,

This string is getting pretty long but the A/C systems frequently clog when the compressor valves fail. Small particles then move through the system and collect at the expansion valve or oriface tube. The system then has to be flushed before replacing the old parts. In most cases the compressor, condenser, receiver/dryer and expansion valve all have to be replaced. Good luck and have fun.
.here's the best description so far. Pull the compressor lines, unhook the condenser and evaporator and toss the expansion valve/orifice tube and start flushing using a cooling system flush which is anyway from $15 a qt to $85 a gal. You should use a minimum of 3 qts and sometimes it takes 6. Flush until it flows clear then put it back together. Do not try to flush it while its hooked up or you'll trash the compressor and evaporator. Replace the dryer also, don't try to flush it. Most of the parts are cheap.

Back
Top Bottom