• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

vehicle a/c issue

fz1boxer

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
205   0
Reaction score
needs some input on why an a/c would not take freon on the high side.system had zero freon.freon went in on low side.could the line getting plugged or expansion valve?
would there be somewhere it has a blockage?
i know nothing about how the system works
thanks

If the system is empty and under a vacuum, you can charge through the high side fitting. If the system is not under a vacuum and you are adding freon, you add it through the low side fitting. If the system is running and you try to add freon to the high side fitting, you run the risk of blowing up the freon can and doing some major damage. High side pressure can run as high as 300psi, freon containers are not rated for that kind of pressure. I would suggest you find a qualified person to work on your AC system before you hurt or kill yourself.

needs some input on why an a/c would not take freon on the high side.system had zero freon.freon went in on low side.could the line getting plugged or expansion valve?
would there be somewhere it has a blockage?
i know nothing about how the system works
thanks
With it running, the low side is otherwise known as the suction side. The high side is high pressure line. If you hook a hose on the high side, it is going to be under pressure so it is actually going to take freon out of the system and put it back in the tank. If it is the small 1lb cans, they are not designed to hold that much pressure. I hope that makes sense for you. You always put freon in on the low side with it running. You can put it on either side if as stated before the system has been evacuated and in in a vacuum.

Back
Top Bottom