• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

VEGAN DIET

BDR1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
184   0
Reaction score
I’m watching a show now on tv about how much more healthy a vegan diet is... looks very promising.. I’m thinking this may be the way for me to get into better health, lose weight, better stamina, and in general live a longer life.. this show claims you can get more than enough protein from a vegan diet to keep and maintain muscle... has anyone here went this direction & if so how have you faired with it..

Not gone that direction, but being conscious of what is eaten is a great decision no doubt.

I think vegetarian is a better option than vegan.

Aw hell naw! No bacon? Give me Keto instead. I need my meat!

baked-bacon-Lead-1.jpg

The quantity of protein may be possible, but the quality of protein is entirely different, so much so that any professional recommending a vegan diet should create a schedule of supplements, including protein powders, to compliment the general diet. There are endless documentaries promoting all sides...everything from engine 11 vegan diet to carnivore diet where you only consume fat and meat. Vegan Gains, Jeff Nipard, and Athlean x are a few channels on YouTube you can check out. In general, the peer reviewed research from Nippard is on point. Mostly, what you'll find is this: eating whole, mostly raw vegetables and fruits balanced with small portions of proteins and grains while running a calorie deficit will provide the best results for weight loss. We cook at least two vegetarian meals a week, but that's bc we grow produce and eat whatever is in the garden. Vegan is a whole other level. The biggest thing is sticking with it.. set realistic goals and reach them.

Back
Top Bottom