• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vandy and The Wussy Kicker

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
She kicked the ball at start of 2nd half. The ball went about 25 yards in the air, and she ran off the field to get out of harms way. It was called a "squib kick". An intentional squib kick would have been an idiot tactical move under the circumstances - start of the half, way behind in points, and ensuring the opponent would have great field position. So Vandy lost 41 to 0 and their head coach was fired. At least the men players got to listen to Sarah's halftime condescending speech. She had only practiced twice and hadn't been in the game. If a dude had tried that, he would have had his butt handed to him. It is not the great moment for women that it is being presented as.

I saw that kick, and it looked to me like one of the chip shots that they do in soccer when they get a free kick on goal.

It simply lowers the bar for other women. It encourages “You can’t do it as well as a man, but we’ll let you try, so we can celebrate.” This reminds me of the first woman to complete the Army Ranger test. At the end, she was dragging ass across the finish line, but she finished.....then collapsed. Problem is, in real life, when she got to the destination, she would have had to BEGIN the fight, not collapse. If she did that, she’d immediately be a burden on the others.

It was a set up. The coach knew he was going to be fired after that game, so he let her have at it, because he and she both knew this would be the only shot she’d get. Someone should have ran up and plowed her before she ran off like a girl, oh wait....

Back
Top Bottom