• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Van Halen Dead

Yeah it's no secret that Eddie's wife hated Dave. Can't recall her name right now. The chick from One Day at a Time. As I've previously said I read Dave's book years ago. Then I read a lengthy interview with Sammy Hagar and their stories were VERY similar. Eddie decided he was done with both of them and moved on. Then he made a best of album with new songs by some singer we never heard of and will never hear from again. It was a flop to say the least. I still like Van Halen the group but Van Halen the man not so much.

Like him or hate him, EDWARD, was INCREDIBLE!
I listened to him for a long time. Don't regret a second of rocking my ASS off!
:rockon::rockon::rockon:

THANK YOU, E.V.H.!

Yeah it's no secret that Eddie's wife hated Dave. Can't recall her name right now. The chick from One Day at a Time. As I've previously said I read Dave's book years ago. Then I read a lengthy interview with Sammy Hagar and their stories were VERY similar. Eddie decided he was done with both of them and moved on. Then he made a best of album with new songs by some singer we never heard of and will never hear from again. It was a flop to say the least. I still like Van Halen the group but Van Halen the man not so much.
Valerie Bertinelli

I'm fully aware that MTV has changed their programming many years back but I guess I was a little bit disappointed they didn't have some sort of tribute or special programming regarding his passing. I tuned in earlier for just a minute and all they had was a scrolling message like you see on ESPN that provided a quick alert about EVH. Call me nostalgic but I miss the days of a music station actually playing music!

I agree there. His work really stands out on VH2 especially the beginning of You're No Good. But again I have to point out how petty Eddie was. In recent years Michael had been hanging out ( I believe in Cabo) with Sammy. And since Eddie hated Sammy more in recent years than he did Dave he gave Michael the boot. Real insecure petty guy.

I was going to mention the way Michael got bent over, but decided to let it lie with Eddie's death...But since you mentioned it, I agree. Lol! And Michael being Michael, I have never heard him complain, bitch, or act like a cry baby about any of it...He is a true gentleman. He never got the credit he deserved.

Eddie Van Halen, the legendary guitarist and co-founder of Van Halen, has died after a long battle with cancer, TMZ has learned.

Sources directly connected to the rock star tell us he died at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica Tuesday. His wife, Janie, was by his side, along with his son, Wolfgang, his ex-wife Valerie Bertinelli, and Alex, Eddie's brother and drummer.

We're told in the last 72 hours, Eddie's ongoing health battle went massively downhill -- doctors discovered his lung cancer had moved to his brain as well as other organs.

TMZ Article Link

b33c05a7e69449f5a21d3c80f204d6ce_md.jpg

I was going to mention the way Michael got bent over, but decided to let it lie with Eddie's death...But since you mentioned it, I agree. Lol! And Michael being Michael, I have never heard him complain, *****, or act like a cry baby about any of it...He is a true gentleman. He never got the credit he deserved.
Now that you mention it i don't remember a single negative comment from him about Eddie,Dave or Sammy ever.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom