• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Van Halen Dead

Eddie Van Halen made huge impact on music and particularly the electric guitar. Besides creating his own incredible technique and style, he was also an innovator for the tools of the trade. Eddie expiremented on guitars and amps. Eddie was also the originator of wax potted pickups. He was also the first to attenuate an amplifier. Eddie was always trying to explore sound. Im not qualifed to memorialize him, but the guitar world suffered an enormous loss. I cant believe the ice cream man was even mentioned.
RIP Eddie

Here are few pics I took of Eddie from the last time I saw them in Atlanta when they played at Music Midtown. Apologies for the poor picture quality. They were from an older generation phone plus the pics are from the big screens on the side of the stage that night.

20150919_223951.jpg
20150919_223706.jpg
20150919_223630.jpg
20150919_223558.jpg

You’ve toured so much over the years. If you had to pick, who have been your top five favorite bands to tour with and why? — Carrick

1. Van Halen

We played with Van Halen pretty early on in our career, and at the first gig we actually rolled in late. We rushed to the stage, and I’m getting ready to go on, and Eddie [Van Halen] is in my pit. He’s warming up and kind of smiling at me, and I’m like, ****! Dude, go somewhere else and do that. [laughs]

It’s my first show and Eddie Van Halen’s eight feet away and watching me. That was one of the worst shows I ever played in my life, or at least it felt like it because I respect the guy so much.

Back
Top Bottom