• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Van Halen Dead

CC19D4D5-C3CE-44DE-B3F9-971B351A41A3.jpeg

Cancer finally got him at 65. I like their music but I would always side with Dave before Eddie. And then when Eddie screwed Sammy over the same way he did Dave it confirmed what I already knew. He was a brilliant talented musician but a real asshole to have to work with.

He would have fit right in on ODT! Lololololol

He would have fit right in on ODT! Lololololol
Yeah probably. I don't want to just disregard his musical talent. As a band I would venture to say that Zeppelin may have invented the Arena Rock sound. But Van Halen reinvented it. My favorite has to be Van Halen 2. Start to finish it still kicks ass . Light Up the Sky, Spanish Fly and DOA are the best.
Van Halen 1 is good but I'm sick of most of the songs on it. But Little Dreamer is still one of my favorites. The opening guitar intro from Little Dreamer is awesome and not like anything else.

Cancer finally got him at 65. I like their music but I would always side with Dave before Eddie. And then when Eddie screwed Sammy over the same way he did Dave it confirmed what I already knew. He was a brilliant talented musician but a real asshole to have to work with.
The grates ones usually are aholes. Nobody would have ever heard of David Lee Roth if not for the Van Halen's

The grates ones usually are aholes. Nobody would have ever heard of David Lee Roth if not for the Van Halen's
There's a little truth in that comment. And I may be a little biased here. I read Dave's bio years ago. And one part of it comes to mind. When Dave met the VH brothers Eddie was constan9playing these masterpiece complicated pieces he had written. And Dave had to tell him at one point " Yeah man that's really impressive work. But you can't dance to it."
So the point was that Dave kinda steered Eddie in a more mainstream direction that wound up making them all very successful. So just to ME it looked like a 50/50 proposition . It could've played out with Eddie being a studio musician that most folks never heard of if Dave hadn't gotten him to loosen up a little and write the non stop party music that was Van Halen. It COULD have... Not saying it would have.

Back
Top Bottom