• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Value and how to sell Lionel O gauge trains from 1951

I've got a bunch of old O gauge and looked into selling them a while back. Unfortunately condition is everything, so unless they are in good shape, they don't have a ton of value.

You do have some of the boxes though, which is a huge plus for collectors, even though they look a little rough.

These were my older brother's trains. He was born in 1951 and I remember setting them up a few times around Christmas.

I have been hauling them around since 1991 and am downsizing.

I have looked on E-bay and thought of listing them by piece or as a set. Some are well worn from moves.

Any sources locally who would sell for a decent commission? Any other ideas locally vs. Shipping on Ebay?

Thanks,View attachment 2439350 View attachment 2439351 View attachment 2439352 View attachment 2439353 View attachment 2439354
There's an online shop in Buford called Trainz.com that specializes in collectables. They buy collections from people. They also have an auction site just for model trains that you can sell through.

http://trainz.com

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

311GT mentioned the modeltrainshow.com. This show is at the Cobb Galleria on March 14 and 15. The model railroand club that runs the show has a white elephant section when attendees can sell their item. The operators receive 15% commission on sales. The club logs and tags your items and handles any sale for you. You could drop the trains off Saturday AM and pick them up before closing Sunday afternoon if not sold.

There is a Lionel & HO train shop in Tallulah Falls. I wouldn’t tell them that you are selling them at first. Ask them to tell you what it’s worth.

Just put the busted ones on a flat car. #realism

Attachments

• 20151201_164210.jpg
    20151201_164210.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom