• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Using Hornady Gun Parts Cleaner on Brass cases

ricky_45

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
33   0
Reaction score
Anyone ever do this? I bought the gun parts cleaner by mistake. Anyone ever use the parts cleaner to clean brass? What is the difference between the parts cleaner and the case cleaner?

I know you want an answer this weekend but on Monday call Hornady @ 1-800-338-3220 press approprate number for Customer Service. Or Ext 206 for Doug Derner. Tomthumb.

Anyone ever do this? I bought the gun parts cleaner by mistake. Anyone ever use the parts cleaner to clean brass? What is the difference between the parts cleaner and the case cleaner?

HMM?? See if the manufactures website has a MSDS listing on the 2 materials (Manufactures Safety Data Sheet) it will list every chemical/ingredient in the product.
of course then you will need to research or Know what chemicals react with brass in a negative manner.
anything with Ammonia is definite NO-NO.
hope this helps!
Perosnally i would wait for Hornady to open Tuesday and call them.
BUt IF you are impatient!-LOL

+1 - Hornady needs to get someone with a brain to name their products as the village idiot they now have has products named so much alike that it's almost impossible to get what you want!

YEP! it wouldn't hurt Remington to hire his twin brother either!!
not only closely named but everything in the green and yellow cans/bottles/ packages!

Back
Top Bottom