• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Used car prices in 2024

Yes sir, and I will even consider a one owner vehicle even if it's a little less than pristine if the price is right.

In 2017 bought my current daily driver 2007 Tundra for $5,000 when it was easily worth $15,000 back then.
That is a steel! I. The early 90's I used to find very low milage 1986 and 1987 TransAm's with the WS6 package for 5,500. My 86 had 40,000 miles on it and my 87 had 35,000 it. The 87 had been garaged and had big beach towels all over the interior. That car was spotless, literally! A car hit me in the rear in my 86 after about a year and a half and then I bought the 87. Bought both for 5,500. Those cars stickered for 27,000 plus because of the WS6 package. Which is the Corvette wheels, performance axle ratio and the suspension upgrades. So cars less that 5 years old were selling for that cheap. I can tell you now you won't touch one for 5,500. I have had 4 TransAm's and boy do I wish I still had them..

That is a steel! I. The early 90's I used to find very low milage 1986 and 1987 TransAm's with the WS6 package for 5,500. My 86 had 40,000 miles on it and my 87 had 35,000 it. The 87 had been garaged and had big beach towels all over the interior. That car was spotless, literally! A car hit me in the rear in my 86 after about a year and a half and then I bought the 87. Bought both for 5,500. Those cars stickered for 27,000 plus because of the WS6 package. Which is the Corvette wheels, performance axle ratio and the suspension upgrades. So cars less that 5 years old were selling for that cheap. I can tell you now you won't touch one for 5,500. I have had 4 TransAm's and boy do I wish I still had them..
I bet you do.
I was bolting WS6 items on my GTO back in the early 80's, the deep dish Snowflakes and Eagle GTs off a Vette where a real upgrade. I wish I could have kept that car.
indycrew.streetnats.jpg

I use to see the shock on my parents and in laws face when they heard the price of various things. having been retired 8 years I am beginning to get that same shocked feeling. Paying for things in 2024 prices with money earned in 2015, with almost no interest earned along the way, sucks. I am seriously considering getting a part time job if I can find one.
First time I tried to retire, I watched my cost of living go up 400%. That was due to medical expenses during the Obama years. I wasn't looking to retire, but I got laid off. Another 4yrs, I'd been set. I wound up going back to work for another 8 years, the same length of time they were in office. This time, again I wasn't looking to retire. But it was my best option at the time. At least I had better diversified myself. I've stayed home to save money. I've kept my head above water at least. Still waiting for things to come together so I can truly enjoy my retirement. I at least haven't looked hard for another job. And the wife hasn't said anything about it either. But it would be nice to live a little more carefree, but I don't report to anybody and I don't punch a clock. And that's very nice indeed. My health has improved for the most part. And that's something to consider

Back
Top Bottom