• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

US military guns keep disappearing and some are used in crimes years later

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
No wonder this has been kept quiet....

After the first public accounting of its kind in decades, an AP investigation has found that at least 1,900 U.S. military firearms were lost or stolen during the 2010s, with some resurfacing in violent crimes. And that's definitely an under count of the number lost.

US Government records covering the US Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force show pistols, machine guns, shotguns and automatic assault rifles have vanished from armories, supply warehouses, Navy warships and elsewhere. These weapons disappeared because of security failures that have not been publicly reported (until now) including sleeping troops and a surveillance system that didn’t record.

In one case, authorities linked an Army pistol stolen from Fort Bragg, NC to four shootings in New York before it was recovered. Another stolen Army pistol was used in a Boston street robbery.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-military-guns-vanishing-some-used-street-crimes

AP21163604109132.jpg

I often wonder about the security of the National Guard Armory here in Douglasville. They used to hold wrestling matches in the main room and there would be upwards of 100 folks in there. While I never tried to breach a door or even check out the security system, I doubt that it would hold out a determined crew and since the police station has moved quite a ways off how long it would take them to respond. Most of the armory that I am familiar with don't use safes to store weapons, just big rooms with significantly heavy doors.

Judging based on how quickly the perps broke in to Gable's Sporting Goods on Fairburn Road, less than a couple of miles from the armory, but they were in and out in about 5 or 6 minutes after using a large U Hall truck to repeatedly backed in to an outside wall until they smashed in and then they were in and out in just a couple of minutes. I'm not sure why they didn't store all their guns in a safe but that's between them and insurance. Police weren't even aware of the break in even though the alarm was blaring. The thiefs didn't get the original boxes and paperwork so they probably weren't able to sell them here.

What I find interesting; Nobody talks about any alphabet agency , any Police force loss of firearms....Why? and this is the 'FIRST' public' Accounting ..........? firearm loss has been going on as long as I can remember across the board ............

No wonder this has been kept quiet....

After the first public accounting of its kind in decades, an AP investigation has found that at least 1,900 U.S. military firearms were lost or stolen during the 2010s, with some resurfacing in violent crimes. And that's definitely an under count of the number lost.

US Government records covering the US Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force show pistols, machine guns, shotguns and automatic assault rifles have vanished from armories, supply warehouses, Navy warships and elsewhere. These weapons disappeared because of security failures that have not been publicly reported (until now) including sleeping troops and a surveillance system that didn’t record.

In one case, authorities linked an Army pistol stolen from Fort Bragg, NC to four shootings in New York before it was recovered. Another stolen Army pistol was used in a Boston street robbery.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-military-guns-vanishing-some-used-street-crimes

AP21163604109132.jpg
Are the military guns lost, delivered illegally, or left behind by Obama, Holder, and Biden accounted for in these numbers?

Back
Top Bottom