• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Updates for Gun Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
The intent was to flip it upon the purchase

And therein is the rub. Intent.

People will make all sorts of elaborate arguments as to why they aren't flipping. They will make straw man arguments and try to equate it to buying a house in 1979 and selling it today for "market price", or compare it to the stock market.

It's all bull****. While people certainly do those things, and there are those that bought a gun last year, don't need it, or need the money and they sell it at what they think are "today's prices"... Nobody cares about that. I don't. The ATF doesn't. The LGS doesn't.

That's not flipping. Flipping is when your intent is to buy cheap guns and ammo and immediately sell them at a huge markup for the purpose of making money. Not the byproduct, but rather it is the purpose or intent.

They will then argue that you are not a mind reader so how can you know their intent...

Again, lame argument. When you camp out each morning and the stuff you bought at $100 is listed online for $300 by lunch time... and you do this several times a week. You are a flipper.

When you keep going to the same gun stores selling guns at precovid prices and later that day you list them here, GunBroker or Armslist for $200 more than you paid for them, and you do this often. You are a flipper. And in this latter case, probably a felon according to the BATF.

I love watching grown men dance around this issue, attacking those that expose them, or making incredibly sketchy arguments to try and cover for their friends who are flippers...

You aren't fooling anyone. Say whatever you want, it doesn't change what's going on. This isn't something that you can "win". It is what it is. Your inability, or unwillingness to admit it, doesn't change anything.

Good gracious Sirbannedalot. You have come completely unglued. First you say that not knowing the intent is lame argument. Then you go into this description of a made up person and explain how they are flippers. Wait, you know all this because you know when they are buying and selling? You don't know anything. Again, you are thinking something happened that did not happen. Calling this made up person a felon is stupid.

Here is how your made up crap reads. I go to the police and tell them that someone was shot and killed. They ask who, where, how? I tell them, I don't know, but it must have happened because I know someone bought a gun today. Their intent was to go shoot someone because they looked mad in the store. But you were not there to see anything. You tell the police it is a felony to kill someone. REALLY?

You made up crap about something that may or may not have happened is just, to use you word, lame. Have some balls and tell everyone who you saw, when they sold it, who they sold it to. Everyone who sells is a flipper to you. Why, because you will make up the story to go with the ad. BS, total BS.

You should change from Sirbannedalot to the Shadow, because 'The Shadow knows". hahahahahaha!

And therein is the rub. Intent.

That's not flipping. Flipping is when your intent is to buy cheap guns and ammo and immediately sell them at a huge markup for the purpose of making money. Not the byproduct, but rather it is the purpose or intent.

I think guns and ammo are in 2 different categories. Straw purchase ammo ? I don't think so.

Reactions: JWC
SirWHINESaLot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom