• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update in OP- Jay Ramirez came through. Pool is now up and ground is level.

In
upload_2020-3-28_20-22-25.gif

The job will be picking up 40 50# bags of sand from big box store (I'd let them load it up for you), driving it to my house in Dallas, and then distributing it in a 15' circle so that it is level for a pool. After it is level, I've got a tamper that you can use to compact the sand.

After that comes the assembly of the above ground pool and ladder. I've got the instruction manual for this. After assembly, there's only one thing left...

The dirt that was dug up to make the ground level is in a few piles around the pool. It will just need to be carted off to the woods line, about 20 feet away, fairly level surface.

The only thing to really note is that the driveway to the pool area is about 100 feet. The end of that does have a hill, but it's downhill (gravity will be on your side).

I don't mind if one guy takes all day and gets it done, or if two guys get it done in a half day, completion of the job is $200 cash money! I just want a level pool and the digging part is already complete.

Thanks!
Pick up 3 amigos while you’re at the Depot. They’ll do it for $200 plus some beer.

If I were 18 again and had a truck that would carry 2000 pounds of sand I would be all in for 200 plus gas money. But sadly for me and the pool builder those days are behind me.

I would pay $25 to watch someone do all that work in one day for $200 pay. I'll bring the beer and chairs.

Took me 8 hours on the pool at our last house... Pool was 24' at that house. Circumstances have changed since then and I can't do it myself, by I figured someone may want the $25/hour pay if they're out for the beer flu and looking for some work. It's tough work no doubt, but it's also $200 cash.

Pickup of sand/drive to house, 1 hour

Wheelbarrow the sand to pool area and spread level, 3 hours.

Tamp down, 1 hour

Pool assembly, 2 hours (it's a cheapy pool, the frame snaps together and the liner attaches to it).

Cart dirt to woodline, 1 hour. Maybe this is a sticking point? So there is no confusion: the area for the pool has already been dug. There is no digging required. However, the loose dirt and mainly the chunks of grass will need to be shoveled into a wheelbarrow to be taken to woods.

Comes out to 8 hours work with my math, plus whatever breaks one chose to take. I guess I may have been motivated to get that pool done asap, but I made it happen.

I'll pull the ad if no one's interested in this, I'd have been all over this a couple years ago when things were a little different.

Back
Top Bottom