• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE....I'm home now

WOW, hope you get better soon. I had a similar situation that took @ 3yrs to resolve. No fun. It looks like yours is worse than mine was and I lost a tooth that shouldn't have had to happen too. Hang in there

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I'm doing better but still just sluggish and just watching what I'm doing. I'm keeping it clean changing out the dressing every morning and night.

There is still some drainage but it slowing even more like they said it would. I'm taking the antibiotics they gave me and I'm making sure the four legged kids don't mess with that side of my face or anything. The incision site is healing pretty good and I'm hoping I'll be able to switch over to the smaller bandages or band aids here in the next day or two.

I'm on and off the forum mainly just reading and checking the classifieds section as I thought I had a trade deal worked out with a couple different people but they all have seemed to have disappeared on me. LOL

Anyways like I said I'm home and I'm back on here but I'm mainly just hovering around reading stuff.

Thanks guys and trust me I don't wish this on anyone. I've never had any dental issues like this and this bad.

The VA does have some great health care and they do have some great providers and sources. Then again they also have some bad apples like everyone else.

This issue happened due to dentist on the outside not really paying attention to details and thinking that there would be any issues with the way they had prepared the tooth for the crown.
I had problems like that. Worse than what you show in your pictures, frankly. It was because of two abscessed upper teeth. I finally had to go to Jasper Dental Associates who I'd been putting off from keeping up with because of money problems. The dentist told me the two teeth had to come out that day, whether I could pay or not because he didn't want the sepsis infection to spread to my brain. They even told me what parts of my bill they could forgive. Once I got a look at what the charges would be, I could see that it would be less than $500 (from my prior root canals and crowns) and I told them I could pay that - I'd thought it would be thousands because root canals and crowns and all that stuff are very costly attempts to keep a root (and base) intact. Had I to do all over again while I was working I'd have gone with dental implants. Much less problems I can see.

I had problems like that. Worse than what you show in your pictures, frankly. It was because of two abscessed upper teeth. I finally had to go to Jasper Dental Associates who I'd been putting off from keeping up with because of money problems. The dentist told me the two teeth had to come out that day, whether I could pay or not because he didn't want the sepsis infection to spread to my brain. They even told me what parts of my bill they could forgive. Once I got a look at what the charges would be, I could see that it would be less than $500 (from my prior root canals and crowns) and I told them I could pay that - I'd thought it would be thousands because root canals and crowns and all that stuff are very costly attempts to keep a root (and base) intact. Had I to do all over again while I was working I'd have gone with dental implants. Much less problems I can see.

Sorry you had to go through what you did. I'm sure it sucked and that you were dealing. I know any kind of dental stuff is painful and yes dental work is expensive even with insurance.

I've always kept up with my dental care while in the military and even after I retired. I've never had this happen before and yes it hurt and yes it sucked and I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through this.

Well, you guys are kind of lucky. My only attempt with the Atlanta VA was to try to get a hearing aid. Went in about 7-8 years ago with my DD214 showing RVN combat engineer service (2 tours) and was told that according to their records I'd died about 10 years previously. This is despite the fact that they had my current Social Security and IRS financial info. When I asked to see their records of my "death" they said NO, as it was confidential. However, they promised that they'd straighten it out and be back to me within 2 weeks. I'M STILL WAITING. Fortunately I didn't need their help, but this left me totally contemptuous of the VA and the people who supposedly "work" for them. They're a disgrace to all veterans who served this Country.

Well, you guys are kind of lucky. My only attempt with the Atlanta VA was to try to get a hearing aid. Went in about 7-8 years ago with my DD214 showing RVN combat engineer service (2 tours) and was told that according to their records I'd died about 10 years previously. This is despite the fact that they had my current Social Security and IRS financial info. When I asked to see their records of my "death" they said NO, as it was confidential. However, they promised that they'd straighten it out and be back to me within 2 weeks. I'M STILL WAITING. Fortunately I didn't need their help, but this left me totally contemptuous of the VA and the people who supposedly "work" for them. They're a disgrace to all veterans who served this Country.

Man I am sorry to hear this but you know I can honestly say I know how you feel as I have had my ups and downs with the VA myself ever since I retired. I still have a little faith and hold a grudge towards the sorry, worthless VA doctors up around ATL that misdiagnosed my dad for so long that by the time he was able to get to the right doctor outside the VA and found out his cancer from Agent Orange was killing him so fast that there was nothing they could do. My dad would still be here today if it wasn't for the sorry clown show they call the VA hospital up around ATL.

I have been fighting with them over stupid stuff and the thing is that I have documentation on things and they still think it's fake or that something isn't correct even though their own doctors have stated things in their own reports. The good thing is hat I have finally been able to get with an awesome provider that has really helped with things and has gotten me to the right clinics and the right doctors for my treatment and other things.

I've heard nothing but bad things about the VA up around ATL and Augusta and a couple of other laces in north GA. I don't know what might be going on up that but down here they are pretty good and I go down to Tallahassee for my primary care clinic and to Lake City and Gainesville for my specialty care clinic's.

Man I am sorry to hear this but you know I can honestly say I know how you feel as I have had my ups and downs with the VA myself ever since I retired. I still have a little faith and hold a grudge towards the sorry, worthless VA doctors up around ATL that misdiagnosed my dad for so long that by the time he was able to get to the right doctor outside the VA and found out his cancer from Agent Orange was killing him so fast that there was nothing they could do. My dad would still be here today if it wasn't for the sorry clown show they call the VA hospital up around ATL.

I have been fighting with them over stupid stuff and the thing is that I have documentation on things and they still think it's fake or that something isn't correct even though their own doctors have stated things in their own reports. The good thing is hat I have finally been able to get with an awesome provider that has really helped with things and has gotten me to the right clinics and the right doctors for my treatment and other things.

I've heard nothing but bad things about the VA up around ATL and Augusta and a couple of other laces in north GA. I don't know what might be going on up that but down here they are pretty good and I go down to Tallahassee for my primary care clinic and to Lake City and Gainesville for my specialty care clinic's.
Fortunately I've never knowingly suffered from agent orange. In early '68 we put a combat road right across the Michelin rubber plantation going from east to west to connect the 1st ID to the 4th ID. We also cleared rubber for about 500 meters on each side of the road. It seems that about every week or so the AF's C123s would make an agent orange run over us and give us a spraying for the 5 weeks of the operation. The Michelin was a nasty place and we were most happy to get out of there.

Back
Top Bottom