• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update from Virginia lobby day rally

I keep hearing different things.

Did they drop the confiscation bill that made most semi's illegal?

Glad it was peaceful and no one got hurt. I really would have liked to seen the crowd use their numbers and take the gate down, them protested on the capital grounds as is their first and second amendment right.

I'm afraid, all they've done is demonstrate that they will follow the law. Just saw where Virginia law makers are saying they plan to go through with the new legislation regardless.

If they had done that then it would have removed any impact that tens of thousands of law abiding people showing up would have had.

In fact it would have reinforced the media message that gun owners are violent, ill-tempered, and unable to act like adults.

This went exactly as it should have.

I keep hearing different things.

Did they drop the confiscation bill that made most semi's illegal?

They changed it to registration and stopped talking about it in public.

So where was the NRA during all this?

Lobby Day is something the VA CDL has been running for over a decade. It wasn't the NRA's place, and they didn't stick their nose in. You can bet that lots of the people who showed up were NRA members though.

If they had done that then it would have removed any impact that tens of thousands of law abiding people showing up would have had.

In fact it would have reinforced the media message that gun owners are violent, ill-tempered, and unable to act like adults.

This went exactly as it should have.
Disagree, it wouldn't have had to been violent at all. People have often peacefully just walked through barriers. Would have been great to set an example that the 2nd amendment guarantees the first.

I'm not complaining though, glad there was a huge turnout, and kinda ashamed of myself for not going.

True. But that's just part of the problem. Manufacturers, wholesalers, and FFL's ain't gonna risk their businesses sending banned stuff to Virginia. So it's essentially gonna kill their supply.

And over time, new sheriffs will enforce the laws, the state will withhold funding from those that don't. They'll eventually enforce these laws same as they've always enforced NFA laws.

Hopefully the VA supreme court will strike any of these laws down as unconstitutional. In both the US constitution and the VA constitution...Shall not be infringed.

Hopefully the VA supreme court will strike any of these laws down as unconstitutional. In both the US constitution and the VA constitution...Shall not be infringed.
Doubt that, you're talking about the same court that just upheld the fake state of emergency.

Lobby Day is something the VA CDL has been running for over a decade. It wasn't the NRA's place, and they didn't stick their nose in. You can bet that lots of the people who showed up were NRA members though.

I have no doubt that many of the folks that attended were NRA members. That is irrelevant to my original question. The NRA could have made a statement of solidarity at the very least, perhaps helped advertise what was happening to their members.

Now that I think about it, the NRA has been rather silent about the entire affair. Rather odd when some of the legislation specifically targets their range.

Asking people for money probably. Gun owners of America did try to block the governors state of emergency and fences but failed. Just another reason why they get my money and not the NRA.

I have no doubt that many of the folks that attended were NRA members. That is irrelevant to my original question. The NRA could have made a statement of solidarity at the very least, perhaps helped advertise what was happening to their members.

Now that I think about it, the NRA has been rather silent about the entire affair. Rather odd when some of the legislation specifically targets their range.

See....what y'all just can't comprehend is how the NRA was working behind the scenes to help the organizers of the event. They didn't want to step on the local Virginia org's toes or steal the limelight. LaPierre was doubtless moving and shaking in the halls of the legislature, playing 4th dimensional chess to insure that Virginians keep their gun rights. Why are y'all hating on the NRA? Why....if weren't fer the En Are Aye, we woodn't haff no gunz at all.

See....what y'all just can't comprehend is how the NRA was working behind the scenes to help the organizers of the event. They didn't want to step on the local Virginia org's toes or steal the limelight. LaPierre was doubtless moving and shaking in the halls of the legislature, playing 4th dimensional chess to insure that Virginians keep their gun rights. Why are y'all hating on the NRA? Why....if weren't fer the En Are Aye, we woodn't haff no gunz at all.
To clarify, I don’t hate the NRA, I just want them to clean house and start working with us instead of acting as if they are the only answer.

Back
Top Bottom