• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update - 1/8/202 - Prostate Surgery & Therapy See post 1

Will keep you in my prayers. Not a fun diagnosis at all. Had mine removed in July because of cancer. Just got home from the Dr a few minutes ago for my first PSA check since Robotic Surgery and PSA had gone from 12.14 to undetectable. Praise God Almighty!!!
My bladder control is a heap better today than it was after surgery! My wife and I both knew if the cancer was gone, like you, we could deal with the after affects. Keep us posted.

Thought I would start a new conversation on my upcoming prostate surgery after commenting in the posts.
First: prayers are welcome as I am a little more than nervous and anxious with this.

Background: Was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in August. Gleason # was 9 in a couple of areas. It is the aggressive type.
After several doctor visits and testing (CT Scans and bone scans) with two Radiologist Oncologist and two Surgeons I decided the best outcome for me is to remove the prostate. Surgeon will also remove and area around the prostrate. Worse case they will come back and do radiation if needed.

They are doing the robotic type surgery. The nerve and glands will be cut in order to remove all cancerous tissue. After lengthy discussions with my wife of 46 years (I'm 65 as of September) we felt getting the cancer out was upmost. We will deal with the side effects later whatever they may be. As long as I can continue watch my grand-kids grow up, and be active the rest will be ok.

Today November 6, 2019 - Starting the clean-out taking that wonderful Magnesium Citrate. Should not be as bad as a colon clean-out but we will see! Half a dose at noon and another dose at 6pm. Then shower and wipe down with some of the antibacterial pads they sent me home with at the preop appointment. I'm on liquid diet until midnight then nothing - no eats no drinking anything after midnight. Got to be at hospital at 10 in the morning. Oh, Northside Cherokee is where I'll be. Really impressed with the new hospital and all the docs and nurses I've seen have been more than kind and considerate.

I will update later. Stay tuned.

I'm Praying for you and your Family!

cullyhog cullyhog good luck with surgery and wishes for quick recovery...

Barbwire Barbwire good find on that bag holder. Wish I’d seen those when I was on catheter a while back. The crap they send you home with is quite inadequate on so many levels.

Barbwire Barbwire good find on that bag holder. Wish I’d seen those when I was on catheter a while back. The crap they send you home with is quite inadequate on so many levels.[/QUOTE]

lostchild lostchild Thanks, that bag holder is something my wide found and with the catheter, I helped me stay sane for the 15 days I had the catheter and bag. LOTS more comfortable and easy to use than what they send you home with.
Showed mine to my Dr after he pulled the cath out and he wrote it down so he could recommend it to his patients.

Back
Top Bottom