• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming Energy Crisis

Yep...we had that scare here a while back because of some temporary shortage......gas was limited for a few days amidst a howl here about ooga-booga Armageddon........and then supply came back. Prices, however, did not.

That was resolved amazingly fast... only because Colonial paid the ransomware dudes millions.

If that had been a serious 'f-up the US economy' attack, they could have shut down US gas deliveries for months.

We will be seeing serious, 1970s style gas shortages due to the current administrations disdain for fossil fuels. They will use it to drive demand for electric cars and justify it 'because CO2'.

I work in the industry and 'if it's not green, it's not happening' these days.

yes, been hearing and reading about this for a bit. Not really sure how to prepare for something like this. Amazing how the Biden admin thinks it is a great idea to import energy, when we have all we need.

Biden is a Clown or arsonist, you be the judge, the result is the same, a burned down country.
How to prepare? Here are some ideas.

Have a few gallons of gas at your house in case it gets hard to get for a period of time.

Get an indoor propane heater and a supply of propane for emergency heating and cooking.

Get an electric generator - preferably one that can run off of gasoline, propane, or NG, and have fuel set aside for it.

Get a solar generator.

If inflation is on the horizon, buy now anything that you will be needing that has a long shelf life.

All the rest of being generally prepared - ie. food, water, meds, batteries, ....

How to prepare? Here are some ideas.

Have a few gallons of gas at your house in case it gets hard to get for a period of time.

Get an indoor propane heater and a supply of propane for emergency heating and cooking.

Get an electric generator - preferably one that can run off of gasoline, propane, or NG, and have fuel set aside for it.

Get a solar generator.

If inflation is on the horizon, buy now anything that you will be needing that has a long shelf life.

All the rest of being generally prepared - ie. food, water, meds, batteries, ....
Thanks for the rundown. I have most of what you mention, except power generation.

I my mind, solar is really the only long term benefit to power, if bad things happen, I don't see fuel being available.

I went wood/pellets for home heat for now.

If we started having significant shortages, those without could get angry at those that have planned and have provisions.

That was resolved amazingly fast... only because Colonial paid the ransomware dudes millions.

If that had been a serious 'f-up the US economy' attack, they could have shut down US gas deliveries for months.

We will be seeing serious, 1970s style gas shortages due to the current administrations disdain for fossil fuels. They will use it to drive demand for electric cars and justify it 'because CO2'.

I work in the industry and 'if it's not green, it's not happening' these days.
Amazing with the technology we have that they couldn’t pinpoint where they were and dropped a giant freaking bomb on their extorting heads.

Amazing with the technology we have that they couldn’t pinpoint where they were and dropped a giant freaking bomb on their extorting heads.
The Internet was never designed to be particularly secure... In fact it's open architecture is what made it useful compared to all the other proprietary area-networks that existed back around that time.

Also, these guys aren't all in one place, or even in one country.

Have any of you heard about a looming world-wide energy crisis in the near future? Evidently, many bad decisions were made around the energy industry due to covid.

I saw a video where motorist in Great Britain were waiting in long lines trying to get petrol. Also, I saw where some factories in China were doing short-term shutdowns due to lack of energy.

It is reasoned that if it is a severe winter, the issue will be greatly magnified as the demand for heating fuel increases. This not only includes gasoline and diesel fuel but also natural gas.

Of course it it does happen, major shortages will be seen, and prices will sky rocket.

The energy crises will be transitory, but may last many months if it occurs.
Won't effect us we are energy dependent,oh damn that's when Trump was here,we're forked.

The Internet was never designed to be particularly secure... In fact it's open architecture is what made it useful compared to all the other proprietary area-networks that existed back around that time.

Also, these guys aren't all in one place, or even in one country.
They could follow the money, grab one, get them to sing then go kill them all.
I’m a perfect world this would be popular in the public eye.

They could follow the money, grab one, get them to sing then go kill them all.
I’m a perfect world this would be popular in the public eye.
The only reason they shut down the pipeline is because the hackers shut down their billing system. If they had not shut it down, they wouldn't have known who to charge and how much. The would rather now move any than move it for free !
As for the money tracing, it had to be paid in bitcoin I believe, so it couldn't be traced.

Back
Top Bottom