• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Untrusted Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut people a little slack, if they have many positive, with only one negative feedback. I can see how sometimes, things go south, in communication or otherwise. I am very reluctant to leave negative feedback, when I see there can be miscommunications.

Sometimes, people THINK they have entered into an agreement. So I try to be very careful how I say things. Most of the times, I am VERY clear about my intentions and offers. We just have to understand, there are some wishy-washy people people in life...even Gun Life! In my opinion, there shouldn't be but the reality is there is. I was raised differently, to honor a verbal agreement. At a gun show, you can spend time really looking at a piece before one makes an offer.

I try not to get a bad gun when purchasing, but you have to keep your wits about you when meeting and take the time to check it over.

At this point, don't feel like anyone has tried to get one over on me with a bad gun, broken or poor product otherwise.

My pet peeve is people who won't hardly tell you their name!? Introductions always started with exchanging names in my younger days. Not so much with the internet nowadays. I realize people like their privacy, but manors is manors.

Caveat emptor

not to sound like one of the dicks.. BUT, what’s wrong with cutting to the chase, if the price is negotiable, why not skip all the back and forth and see if there’s a deal avail? “what’s the lowest you’re willing to go?” cuts thru all the nonsense, especially if it isn’t no big deal for the buyer, it turns the whole situation into a “yes or no”.. I'm sincerely confused by the problem with the question...

PS, found this thread by searching “K98”

not to sound like one of the dicks.. BUT, what’s wrong with cutting to the chase, if the price is negotiable, why not skip all the back and forth and see if there’s a deal avail? “what’s the lowest you’re willing to go?” cuts thru all the nonsense, especially if it isn’t no big deal for the buyer, it turns the whole situation into a “yes or no”.. I'm sincerely confused by the problem with the question...

My standard response is how much are you willing to pay?
Hell just make an offer.

Years ago I had an item priced for $11,500 and this guy asked what would be the lowest I would go. Priced it at $11,200 and said that is my lowest.
He then said, you will take $10,900 won't you?
I said nope, I am not a liar and you asked my lowest.
Price went back to $11,500
Yep, he left without it.

Being on the receiving end of "What's the lowest you're willing to go." makes it seem like the person using this line is trying to rob you of any leverage in negotiating a price. If you just want to cut the BS then, as has already been said, just make an offer and go from there.

Being on the receiving end of "What's the lowest you're willing to go." makes it seem like the person using this line is trying to rob you of any leverage in negotiating a price. If you just want to cut the BS then, as has already been said, just make an offer and go from there.
I don't mind the "best/lowest price" question. I'll answer it in a PM, frankly. But when the guy comes back AFTER that price and wants to haggle more I say no and ghost'em....

Years ago I had an item priced for $11,500 and this guy asked what would be the lowest I would go. Priced it at $11,200 and said that is my lowest.
He then said, you will take $10,900 won't you?
I said nope, I am not a liar and you asked my lowest.
Price went back to $11,500
Yep, he left without it.
That's how I handle it.

If someone is literally or figuratively standing in front of me, cash in hand, I might come off my asking price, but that's it, you asked, I told you,

That's how I handle it.

If someone is literally or figuratively standing in front of me, cash in hand, I might come off my asking price, but that's it, you asked, I told you,
Nope, not me. If we had already agreed to a deal that what I stand by. If it hurts me, I still stand by the deal.

(Assuming everything was as described in the negotiation.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom