• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Untrusted Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the thread is about untrusted members, but I would like to make a statement as well since it has been bought up in here. I am a new member on here. I have met some other individuals at gun shows that visit outdoor trader, and traded a few times. when someone posts an item and say must have positive reputation to trade. Am I supposed to trade and buy a bunch of **** I dont want just to get positive feedback so I can trade or buy an item I want? I have noticed this with older individuals. Can we make a piss and vinegar section where if positive reputation is needed, then you submit your trade or sale into that section? In short terms how can I get reputation so traders who need it to feel comfortable will trade with me? normally this is required when higher end firearms trades or purchases are posted.

I know the thread is about untrusted members, but I would like to make a statement as well since it has been bought up in here. I am a new member on here. I have met some other individuals at gun shows that visit outdoor trader, and traded a few times. when someone posts an item and say must have positive reputation to trade. Am I supposed to trade and buy a bunch of **** I dont want just to get positive feedback so I can trade or buy an item I want? I have noticed this with older individuals. Can we make a piss and vinegar section where if positive reputation is needed, then you submit your trade or sale into that section? In short terms how can I get reputation so traders who need it to feel comfortable will trade with me? normally this is required when higher end firearms trades or purchases are posted.
I would say it depends on the individual. I sold reloading components to a gentleman yesterday who had a positive feedback of 1. He now has a positive feedback of 2 and I would buy, sell or trade with this individual again any day. Communication is key :-)

I would say it depends on the individual. I sold reloading components to a gentleman yesterday who had a positive feedback of 1... he has a positive feedback of 2 now and I would buy sell or trade with this individual again any day. Communication is key :-)
thanks for the reply and I applaud you for this! but its still hard to get rep if you dont have any, Im not going to buy 15 highpoints in hope for the seller to give me a positive review so I can now trade for the high end item that the trader requires 15 positive feedbacks to deal.

Is there a spot on odt to let everyone know that there is member trying to pass off a fake eotech as a $700 sight. Not everyone knows hot to tell a fake .
I would report it to mods and post a "how to" thread telling people how to identify fakes.

I certainly wouldn't use their picture as an example of a fake though. That would probably be a call out. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom