• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Under appreciated and often overlooked prep items:

Only thing you need is to know who the liberals are.......and a gun/ammo......
You can get everything you need from them since they don't believe in guns. They are bad.
;)
LOL

While i'm joking, however, it is kinda true. When push comes to shove and you're in a survival situation, the guy with the gun is probably gonna win.

Buddy of mine was prepping for years, Had 36 months of food saved up. I told him thanks. He didn't understand what I was saying. I said thanks, b/c i'm gonna come to your house and take all your stuff if the SHTF. He realized he better buy some guns and learn to shoot them.

Dog food stored for long term use.

If people hoard toilet paper during the outbreak of an upper respiratory disease that has nothing to do with the digestive system, bowels, or butt...

.. they're likely to hoard pet food. Can you imagine the efforts that some of these childless / empty nester women who adore their "fur babies" would go through if they THOUGHT that soon they might not be able acquire Fancy Feast at the local grocery store? The panic-buying would be epic!

Picked up 200 lbs of food grade salt.

IMG_20200321_162059.jpg

If you or someone you love have any serious medical conditions that require medication, learning of alternative meds and also a natural native plant based facsimile could keep you or loved ones alive when the orange bottle runs dry. Just remember when learning about vegetation to mind your location, if you live in central Georgia and learn about plants that are only found above 10,000 feet altitude or only found in Europe.... Well you will be wasting energy looking for something that can't grow here.

Personally for me my vision is the biggest player. I'm young enough, healthy enough, and have enough smarts and wit to get through most anything, but as I learned at work years back over 40 miles from home, I am utterly useless if something happens to my glasses. I can walk around but that's about it, no driving, no shooting, no telling friend from foe till they are about two feet from my face. That one always gets me big time.

Just an update to this old thread. I had laser eye surgery about a year ago now and it was one of the best investments I ever made. Having better than 2020 with no glasses or contacts is seriously one of the best feelings in the world. And I feel much better prepared for bad situations knowing my vision or my glasses will no longer be a deciding factor on my safety and that of my friends and family. Worth the investment if you are a candidate for it.

Hand lotion. Your hands will feel like lake bed in summer after so much washing
Razers for shaving. Your N95 will not seal against 3 day beard

Fire extinguisher. because things can and do get worse

Back
Top Bottom