• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ultrasonic cleaners

Thanks for the info/experiences guys! I dropped my Liberty Cosmic monobaffle in for about 13 minutes, stopping and inspecting every few minutes. The results were pretty good. I’m sure 30 minutes would be impressive, just working my way up to it. Not willing to drop the tube in there yet.
Liberty is also extremely responsive to questions you can always drop them a line and ask …good people

I run cans through the ultrasonic tank here at TruPrep for folks. We use the Simple Green Extreme Aircraft and Precision Cleaner. Very safe for aluminium, titanium, unobtainium, etc. We've never had any issues with that solution on everything we've run through.

The standard, original Simple Green can corrode aluminum.

I run cans through the ultrasonic tank here at TruPrep for folks. We use the Simple Green Extreme Aircraft and Precision Cleaner. Very safe for aluminium, titanium, unobtainium, etc. We've never had any issues with that solution on everything we've run through.

The standard, original Simple Green can corrode aluminum.
For how long? I’m ignorant. Will any ultra sonic cleaner work provided it has enough capacity?

For how long? I’m ignorant. Will any ultra sonic cleaner work provided it has enough capacity?

I usually run them in our tank for 30mins.

As long as it's an ultrasonic tank intended for firearms use, it will work. I'm not sure about ones intended for jewelry and such. May not be as......robust.

Be careful with aluminum. Some manufacturers don't advise ultrasonic on AL components. Don't own any AL cans so not sure why but I know it's a thing.

I'm usually a bit cautious about any parts that are coated too. End caps, tubes, etc - I usually don't immerse if they have been cerakoted/durakoted etc

In general, the less mass you have in the cleaning unit, the more aggressive the clean. I have a 120W 'no brand' chinese 3L unit and it'll ungunk all the baffles from a Dead Air Odessa in about 30 minutes if all the liquids are cold. Hotter will usually go faster. I'll run the unit for 15 mins, take the parts out, agitate them a bit and put them back in for the other 15 mins.

They don't come out surgically clean, but all the crud is gone.

In our ultrasonic tank, with the Simple Green Extreme Aircraft & Precision Cleaner, I’ve run hundreds of aluminum, polymer, titanium, and Cerakoted parts with no issues. I’ve run my AAC Prodigy aluminum can through it more than once with no issues.

It will remove/soften rattle can paint, and I haven’t tried it on any ambient cure gun coatings, such as Duracoat or KG Gunkote.

The standard, original Simple Green is an entirely different animal. I was cleaning a bunch of AK’s, so I used the cheaper original Simple Green…..no issues. I decided to try it out on anodized aluminum, and threw an old Troy AR lower receiver and unknown AR upper receiver in the heated ultrasonic tank for 30mins. Ate the finish up in several areas.

In our ultrasonic tank, with the Simple Green Extreme Aircraft & Precision Cleaner, I’ve run hundreds of aluminum, polymer, titanium, and Cerakoted parts with no issues. I’ve run my AAC Prodigy aluminum can through it more than once with no issues.

It will remove/soften rattle can paint, and I haven’t tried it on any ambient cure gun coatings, such as Duracoat or KG Gunkote.

The standard, original Simple Green is an entirely different animal. I was cleaning a bunch of AK’s, so I used the cheaper original Simple Green…..no issues. I decided to try it out on anodized aluminum, and threw an old Troy AR lower receiver and unknown AR upper receiver in the heated ultrasonic tank for 30mins. Ate the finish up in several areas.

And especially, don't put CZ metal parts that have their proprietary coating ("Polycoat") in there, because you'll be right back to the parkerizing wid a quickness.

I don't think you need much imagination to figure out how I know.

Back
Top Bottom