• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TX22 Competition

I had the nose dive issue when I loaded the mags incorrectly.

I was loading the rim of the ammo at the very front of the magazine lips (like most .22 mags I have for half a dozen other pistols). Had issues every time. When I started loading from the mid point of the mag the issue went away. Not sure if this helps or not.

Here's a pic for where to load the cartridge rim:

tx22.jpg

Hmmm...
No feeding flaws from mine so far... no hiccups from factory 16's or the 4 Tandemkross 21's I have built... have ran CCI SV, Aguila Subsonic, SK SV. and CCI minimag... all flawless so far...
And i load my just the way Hayata Hayata suggests...

Have you installed an extension base plate? Removal of the loading tab is causing some to have issues.
No I haven't added anything to the factory mags. I took both apart and ran a flat file through them on all flat surfaces to remove any flashing/burs followed up with a extra fine Scotch bright pad to smooth out the surface. This helped but the rounds still nose dive often. I did a little more research just now and people are saying that if you load the mags like a regular magazine by not using the pull down tabs it will solve this issue so I'm going to try that next. Seems people are trying different things to stop the nose dive and they are finding different fixes for their mags. One guy changed out his recoil spring which has nothing to do with the magazine but for some reason the nose dive issue stopped after he swapped out the recoil spring with an aftermarket one. I also ran across a video where the guy said his stopped nose diving when he added the 5 round base plate and the new spring that comes with it.

I had the nose dive issue when I loaded the mags incorrectly.

I was loading the rim of the ammo at the very front of the magazine lips (like most .22 mags I have for half a dozen other pistols). Had issues every time. When I started loading from the mid point of the mag the issue went away. Not sure if this helps or not.

Here's a pic for where to load the cartridge rim:

View attachment 3257074
That is where I load my rounds but they nose dive. I do pull down on the tabs to make it easier. I saw replies on youtube vids where people say that they had the same issue and it stopped when they stopped using the pull down tabs. I'm going to load a few mags without pulling down the tabs and see what happens.

Went to the range today and loaded both mags without pulling down the tabs. Gun was 100% reliable, no nose dive with the ammo in the mags. Ran both mags full 6 times.
Took mine out too with the "Keep Tinkering" short stroke trigger installed. Worked fine. Noticed something last week when a member showed me a problem he was having with the last round not being stripped from the mag when the loader tab is removed. I've noticed it too. There is a shelf on the follower than is engaging the bolt holding open device even while the last round is still in the mag. I shaved off a tiny bit of the front edge of that shelf to create a bevel and the issue has not presented again.

It's even sexier looking with the suppressor mounted.

I know it's a tore ass but it's still sexy. Kind of like a trailer park girl in a halter top.
View attachment 3257076

Dayum Boy, that mag extension got me all hot and bothered!

Edit, I have a bunch of these mags, and all feed really well. The rounds can dive when loading, but a bump always tips them up, just pay attention while loading.

Awaiting GGS to get one back in stock. Not going over $400 for the comp.

Back
Top Bottom