• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TX22 Competition

Adventure Outdoors had the mags for $24 (if I remember right) over at the police supply counter. A guy walked in and bought 2 yesterday while I was picking up my GSSF.

FWIW, I had the original TX22 with an RMR mounted on top. Never had issues. Sold it, got a TX22 Competition, and it has been nothing but hearthache. Damn thing just refuses to feed reliably.
I put a slight "scallop" on my mag lip at the front, sort of like a feed ramp. It solved my issues with feeding. An oval jewelers file and judicious filing is all it took.
20210510_115645.jpg

Here is an unmodified mag lip...
20210510_115653.jpg

The rounds in my TX22 mags are nose diving into the mag. Saw a fix on youtube that was posted by multiple people doing the same thing to get theirs to feed reliably but unfortunately it did not fix mine. Mine are feeding better but still nose diving in every mag. I'll try the feed ramp mod one a mag and see if it helps.

I believe the issue is either the follower or the springs. Stronger springs pushing up on the follower might stop the nose dive issue a lot of people are having.

The rounds in my TX22 mags are nose diving into the mag. Saw a fix on youtube that was posted by multiple people doing the same thing to get theirs to feed reliably but unfortunately it did not fix mine. Mine are feeding better but still nose diving in every mag. I'll try the feed ramp mod one a mag and see if it helps.

I believe the issue is either the follower or the springs. Stronger springs pushing up on the follower might stop the nose dive issue a lot of people are having.
Have you installed an extension base plate? Removal of the loading tab is causing some to have issues.

I might wait on the gen2 ? I had to do this on all my gsg16 mags as well but I don't think they'll do a gen2 ? Still waiting to see if H&K thinks they made enough changes.

Back
Top Bottom