• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turning an 870 Wingmaster hunting shotgun into a home defense weapon

The Federal 8-pellet LE reduced-recoil OO Buckshot load has about as much recoil as a one-ounce load of Birdshot--Not very much--You might wanna' get a few for your Wife to try...

That’s the load I use. I have a case of it at the house.

I've got some of the 9-pellet LE reduced-recoil OO and it's not bad at all in an 1100 or 1187, but I'd prefer the 8-pellet load in an 870--'Course now is not.a good time to be lookin' for Ammo... :(

Ive got the same.
I like the stock suggestion but I’ll def be keeping the 870 even if I get the 20ga. for her.

As far as how much she shoots.
Let’s just say she shouts more than she shoots....lol.
She’s a busy nurse and rarely has time nor the willingness to shoot firearms.
She leaves that up to me but every now and then she puts up with me and goes to our private range to humor me.
She likes it but not as much as I would prefer haha.
I do want her to have something she’s comfy with and we have several toys around the house at the ready and she knows how to use them...I’m just looking at long term comfort if the need ever arises.

Flexi-Tab lifter on the left, old style lifter on the right.

510B63A2-682F-4CCD-8CA8-8CD2295A3CC1.jpeg

Never know what you’ll find. The end of the magazine tube was bent a tad. This isn’t a problem unless you’re adding a magazine extension. It’s possible that this could have caused an area where shells would hang up. I bashed it back to round and she’s good to go now.

Using 0000 steel wool and oil, I cleaned and polished the inside of the magazine tube and forend tube assembly. These are common areas for rust.

1DC083BF-B789-4021-B2EA-934F7B47FB78.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom