• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkish Benelli M4 clone

The ad is confusing. At one point in the “show more” part, it says it is inertia driven, which is not gas piston like an M4. Inertia driven Benellis like the M1 work great with the loads for which they are intended, high brass buckshot. I have two M1s and they do not consistently feed lighter loads. One is actually a Beretta 1201FP, but same thing. You also can not hang a lot of accessory weight on them without possible failures to cycle. I also have an M4 which has neither of those nuances and is far softer shooting. But even if the clone is really more of an M1 type it will be a great defense shotgun at less than half what M1s are going for. Just feed it buckshot. Or maybe it will cycle lighter loads and tolerate accessories. Either way, great deal I think. .

We put an M1 on the clock at a pin match once. The operator was an excellent shot. It could dump 8 rounds right at 1.2 seconds. As far as I'm concerned probably the fastest action commonly available, and boringly reliable.

The Turks make quality shotguns

They also make some certified junk. I remember Huglu - one line compared favorably with high dollar over and unders, another line in the big box stores compared favorably with boat paddles.

They have the same problem as the Chinese - they have the capability to make some good stuff, but there is no way to predict which direction a a particular Turkish line is going to go.

We put an M1 on the clock at a pin match once. The operator was an excellent shot. It could dump 8 rounds right at 1.2 seconds. As far as I'm concerned probably the fastest action commonly available, and boringly reliable.

They also make some certified junk. I remember Huglu - one line compared favorably with high dollar over and unders, another line in the big box stores compared favorably with boat paddles.

They have the same problem as the Chinese - they have the capability to make some good stuff, but there is no way to predict which direction a a particular Turkish line is going to go.
They have some beautiful figured walnut there, but you’re right, they do turn out some junk.

And the M1s are incredibly reliable with decent ammunition. And fast. The downside is recoil, but I guess it can’t be worse than a pump where all the recoil is transferred to you. At least the inertia system must absorb some of it. The recoil difference between an M4 or a 930 and an M1 is pretty remarkable.

2 weeks later, whats the update?

"We took PPP loans, have twice the demand, tripled prices, and still laid off staff so we are experiencing 7-21 day delays" -Classic Probably

My order went from "ready for picking", to "packing" status. I sent an email last Friday asking if there was an issue with the order and got no response as of yet. At least it looks like they acknowledge the order now. It's weird, i ordered some 12g slugs from them last week and received them 2 days later. I'm hoping to have it in my hands next week. Fingers crossed! Any update Granite3 Granite3 on your order?

Back
Top Bottom