• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkish Benelli M4 clone

I haven’t bought a firearm in a while. After looking at these clones for a while, as well as maybe an import ban looming soon. I decided to grab one of these from Classic to try it out. I have no idea when it will be delivered, but it’s on order. I’ve already ordered a +2 extension to replace the ribbed tube. Anyone have one of these?

https://www.classicfirearms.com/pan...tgun-3-5rd-inertia-driven-black/#lg=1&slide=0

View attachment 3032765
The ad is confusing. At one point in the “show more” part, it says it is inertia driven, which is not gas piston like an M4. Inertia driven Benellis like the M1 work great with the loads for which they are intended, high brass buckshot. I have two M1s and they do not consistently feed lighter loads. One is actually a Beretta 1201FP, but same thing. You also can not hang a lot of accessory weight on them without possible failures to cycle. I also have an M4 which has neither of those nuances and is far softer shooting. But even if the clone is really more of an M1 type it will be a great defense shotgun at less than half what M1s are going for. Just feed it buckshot. Or maybe it will cycle lighter loads and tolerate accessories. Either way, great deal I think. The Turks make quality shotguns.

The ad is confusing. At one point in the “show more” part, it says it is inertia driven, which is not gas piston like an M4. Inertia driven Benellis like the M1 work great with the loads for which they are intended, high brass buckshot. I have two M1s and they do not consistently feed lighter loads. One is actually a Beretta 1201FP, but same thing. You also can not hang a lot of accessory weight on them without possible failures to cycle. I also have an M4 which has neither of those nuances and is far softer shooting. But even if the clone is really more of an M1 type it will be a great defense shotgun at less than half what M1s are going for. Just feed it buckshot. Or maybe it will cycle lighter loads and tolerate accessories. Either way, great deal I think. The Turks make quality shotguns.

It claims to have the same ARGO piston system as the M4 that’s supposed to cycle any load. I’d love to sit one side by side and compare them. Hell, I’d invite you to my range to come shoot it and see how it stacks up. I have a Mossy 930 tactical that eats everything and paid more than what I bought this one for. I guess we will see when I get it in hand.

The ad is confusing. At one point in the “show more” part, it says it is inertia driven, which is not gas piston like an M4.

Yeah, they seem a bit confused. As you say, the 'show more' section describes it as inertia driven and even the URL you use to get to the page has "...inertia-driven..." in it.

I'm going off the video though, where they always describe it as piston driven using the same system as the M4.

Yeah, they seem a bit confused. As you say, the 'show more' section describes it as inertia driven and even the URL you use to get to the page has "...inertia-driven..." in it.

I'm going off the video though, where they always describe it as piston driven using the same system as the M4.
Another reason I roll my eyes at Classic. Can they not even copy and paste right?

Back
Top Bottom