• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey opener!

Had 2 in a gobble war around me this morning for about an hour and a half but never able to connect.. when I was finally able to move toward where I thought one was, he went silent. About to head back out, came out to eat lunch around 11

Haven't heard or seen anything all day. Overcast and a strong breeze may be keeping them quiet or they are in quarantine.

Been along the etowah and checked the fields around Boston creek. Nothing yet and I'm starting on my way back out to call it a day.

I'm down here in Social Circle and didn't hear a thing this morning. They are around, though, and I hope to bust one's ass this week.

I had no intentions of going this weekend, but I am stuck down here at my parents place for the week, so I will be going almost every day, weather permitting. I patterned my shotgun yesterday at 40 yards and it is lethal. I will be comfortable out to 50 yards, easily.

I would love to be at my place in Marion county right now.

I’m at it now trying to call one up with a striker I made out of pecan wood. I’m not far from a spot they occasionally roost so hopefully they’ll come in before dark.
68C0BC30-2522-4E15-8F53-59A3E3B2197C.jpeg

I’m at it now trying to call one up with a striker I made out of pecan wood. I’m not far from a spot they occasionally roost so hopefully they’ll come in before dark. View attachment 2543342
That’s awesome. I have a couple that I carved out of hickory but they don’t look that nice! Best of luck man.......remember.....new state law just passed. The first 4 weeks of the season is Jakes only. :becky::becky:

Back
Top Bottom