Tumbling Brass

I tumble in Lyman's treated corn cob thin size and de prime then re tumble in Zilla lizard litter walnut this helps with the flash hole ( won't get stuck. And cleans it) also will remove lube of of riffle cases. With lead bullets if some lube gets on the cases I will tumble again.

Has anyone noticed that some batches of corncob media has a coarser thicker grain than other other batches. My latest batch of Lyman media is very coarse and gets stuck in primer flash holes. I recently switched back to some older finer grain corn cob media that works lots better (does not get stuck inside flash holes).

Has anyone noticed that some batches of corncob media has a coarser thicker grain than other other batches. My latest batch of Lyman media is very coarse and gets stuck in primer flash holes. I recently switched back to some older finer grain corn cob media that works lots better (does not get stuck inside flash holes).

Look and see if it's marked as to what size it is

Look and see if it's marked as to what size it is

Just says untreated corn cob media. You can see size difference in picture. Allways try to purchase finer grit that is smaller than flash hole.

Finer grain on left vs. Lyman's on right. This Lyman's batch is coarser.
[Broken External Image]:

Last edited:
Just says untreated corn cob media. You can see size difference in picture. Allways try to purchase finer grit that is smaller than flash hole.

Finer grain on left vs. Lyman's on right. This Lyman's batch is coarser.
[Broken External Image]:

UGH thats bad ..... thats almost as bad as the big stuff I bought that got stuck in cases and I had to dig it out with a pick ..... that sucks.

Back
Top Bottom