• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tubing the Chattahoochee

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
Anyone ever tube (I know, yes, almost all of you!) out of Helen. I have never been before, so have lots of dumb questions.

Where do the tubing companies put in, and how far down do you go? Is 2 miles realistic? 10miles?

If I bring my own tubes, where can I put in, and get out?

I cannot find any reliable sources on line that clearly show these spots on the river.

Any help will be appreciated.

If you take your own tubes you will need 2 vehicles. It’s relatively cheap using the tubing companies tubes maybe $10 each and they provide a bus ride to the put in spot.

Its a nice little float as long as the river is up. I took the family maybe 8-10 years ago. Great time for us

What area are the access points and where do I get out? Public access areas?

Where do the Helen tubing companies go in and out? I don't want to run into a crowd of 100 tubers, etc.

If it doesnt have to be Helen, you can put in at Yonah Dam which is not far from Helen. Hopefully you can time it for when they open the gates and ride the white caps for a half mile. We floated down that one several miles. Are you really considering doing it during winter?

Unless it is in the 90’s during Summer....that water is going to feel like ICE . Lol.

When i was a teen, we used to ride from Morgan’s Falls to Powers Ferry (down closer to the city) or we would put in at Powers Ferry and get out at Hwy41 at Paces Ferry for about a 3-4hr float. I did it every weekend for a while there. It was fun. We had our own tubes, this was when the Raft Races were popular. Get some drinks, carry a cooler, snacks, ziplock bags for everything you dont want wet, lol. - great times!
When you get out there in the slow lane and drift along lazy like, all your stress seems to roll off - Best therapy you can get outside of blowing stuff up ! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom