• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trust question

Spikey

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
149   0
Reaction score
Ok. I’ve numerous NFA items. All filed and stamp issued on Form 1 or Form 4 to my trust. By three different dealers. Do they need to be put in the trust by way of The Assignment of Property form ? None were registered in my name ALL state the trust name. I’m getting mixed answers from a dealer. Thanks guys .

So , each NFA item should have its own piece of paper stating it’s in the trust ? I’ve had so many opinions , just don’t know which to believe. I was told in the beginning that if the name of the trust was on the form that was approved by the ATF with the tax stamp , it was considered to be in the trust automatically

In my Trust (and I'm assuming others) there's an appendix that lists all the trust assets, and each time I got a stamp in the name of the trust I would add it to the list.

Not sure you need that, since the stamp is in the name of the Trust already.

If you were putting non-NFA stuff into the trust that would make sense, but my lawyer told me not to do that when he was going over the process, although I forget exactly what his reason was.

My thoughts also. But. I’ve had so much conflicting advice just trying to be carefull. One shop told me that because I was the applicant / responsible party , even tho the stamp was in the name of the trust , it was not legally in the trust unless I transferred it in ! Lawyer told me pretty much what you said today. Sincerely appreciate your input. You’re one of the more knowledgeable on here.

For my trust I simply have a statement in an ammendment that all tax stamps included in the binder I'm using are items owned by the trust.

I have a separate listing for myself of all trust items (Model, dates, purchase price, SNs, etc) for my own record.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom