• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trump supporter's house bombed in MI

Lol. A firework caused the drywall INSIDE to rip apart like that? I call bs. There's no scorch marks or anything burnt other than the shelf area below the window. From the video it looks like the firework hit the house, bounced off, and exploded in the yard. I could see it breaking the window and burning something but destroying all that, no way.

you ever seen what those big mortars do on the ground? after being close to a few of them, i can 100% believe it caused that much damage.

you ever seen what those big mortars do on the ground? after being close to a few of them, i can 100% believe it caused that much damage.

I'm not saying it didn't cause all that damage, i'm just referring to the wall below the window.

(I'm no expert but I was with an EOD task force back in 2004. I've seen dozens of explosions and survived 4 directly. In my experience, that wall damage is not consistent with the blast pattern.)

Let's think logically...

Look at the video and pause it when it shows the window from the inside. Look at the wall below the window. If the explosion occurred at the window (as the burn spot indicates) the wall below wouldn't be affected. If the explosion occurred after the mortar passed the window threshold, the wall would have minor shrapnel at best and the majority of the damage would be inside the wall (not have the drywall ripped out on the floor). It looks like someone did that damage to the wall before or after the firework went off. Given that there's zero powder burn on anything other than the window landing, the mortar had to explode just inside the window. It doesn't add up.

To cause damage to the drywall like that, the explosion would have had to occur outside of the house and sent some sort of projectile through the wall.

I'm sure there's somebody else in here familiar with explosives.

Back
Top Bottom