• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TrueCar?

shootsacanon

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
127   0
Reaction score
Anyone used TrueCar to buy a new or used car? I’ve just been dabbling in it, and it seems like a good way to save time vs haggling in person. I still plan on going into the dealer to see the car & finalize, but maybe it gets me closer to the best price before I go in? I really don’t know.

To anyone that’s used it, is there more wiggle room beyond the “Truecar offer,” or is that it?

We’re probably going to wait until end of the month to pull the trigger, but I’m trying to do my homework now. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Looking at Camrys (wild, I know!). :tongue:

I already have a true car, a SAAB 900S of the non-GM years. I did however buy a Nissan Pathfinder 2011 4x4 from a really cool dealer in Idaho Springs last December. Oh, it was cool when we landed in SLC. They were a Willys dealer in the 50's.

I already have a true car, a SAAB 900S of the non-GM years. I did however buy a Nissan Pathfinder 2011 4x4 from a really cool dealer in Idaho Springs last December. Oh, it was cool when we landed in SLC. They were a Willys dealer in the 50's.
I owned one of the GM SAABs for about 35 minutes. Overheated on the way home, and wouldn't turn off. Ended up blowing a radiator hose in spectacular fashion, in a gas station parking lot. Fortunately the seller bought it back. He was a nice guy, I felt kind of sorry for him. But I felt better for me not being stuck with that car.

Carvana. Best in the business. I’ve used three times now. One sale only. One purchase. One sale connected with a purchase. Selling to them only works best if car has no damage history. If car has damage history Car Max will pay more for it typically.
I'm leery of buying used sight-unseen. I've done it with new, but really not interested in one of the delivery dealers for this purchase. The car I'm coming out of isn't worth enough to even consider trading in or selling wholesale. I'll sell it private party once I'm in its replacement.

Carvana worked for us, just know what you want. I inspected it on the lot and took it directly to my old Firestone for a full check out. You have 7 days to return. They even replaced the tires because

Back
Top Bottom