• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

True or false? You decide.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I was in a local FFL and I know the owner fairly well. He sees me enough there. Anyway Wal-Marts up here still sell guns and ammo just because it's a very strong hunting location around these parts. I overheard the owner and a gentleman discussing something I just could not believe. The customer was very miffed because it sounded like he was there and was one of the many that got the shaft that day. Apparently Wal-Mart had sold 15,000 worth of ammo to one single buyer. 1 whole pallet gone to one buyer. Now so still have some reservations about it being genuine. The way these guys were going at it as if they apparently new it to be true because they were discussing law suits and repercussions to the store manager or dept. manager if indeed it was true. I have been going over this in my head and can't wrap my mind around the conspiracy of it all. You guys tell me what you think.

If a store has an ammo quantity limit, why would an employee sell far more than that limit to one person in one transaction?
1-- ignorant incompetence. Doesn't know the rule or how to enforce it.
2-- malicious incompetence. Worker being paid $9 an hour and sick of dealing with his manager's B.S. just decided to make his job easier-- and it's easier to sell all the ammo to one person than it is to make 30 different sales to that many people.
3-- Bribery. The worker violated the rule because somebody slipped him a $20 or $50 bill.
He might get fired. Who cares? HOw hard is it to find another $8/hour job?

Last ammo frenzy Wally limited sales. I find it odd they wouldn't limit them now. Not saying it couldn't happen but, I've been in and out of Wally during restocking several times and have never seen a full pallet of ammo. I did have a semi-reliable source last shortage employees were giving people shipment info so people could get stuff.

Back
Top Bottom