• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck

NoCrust

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
3   0
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2013 silverado 1500 I was wandering how much suspension lift I would need to fit 35s or 37s

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Without changing suspension and that ball joint stuff, 3”... That’s what I did on my truck, and I was able to fit ONLY a 34” tire, 10” wide... Still it rubbed some of the plastic on the edge of the fender when steering and Tire guy had to trim those plastics a little bit.

So, What I did was a 3” on front and 2” on the back, a kit that I bought on Americantruck.com

Chevy / gm has that stupid square fender walls

37 you will need at least 7-8 inch lift
To clear and be able to turn without scrubbing
35 6 inch be best

3 depending backspacing your might have to cut

With a current president that is against American pipelines and is for climate change policies, I'd be hesitant to willfully decrease my fuel economy in case gas rises above $4 a gallon.

Plus there's a war that could flare up and complicate things with those Middle Eastern countries if their oil fields are attacked while attention is diverted elsewhere and supplies run dry like they did during the Iraq war.

Anyone else recall all the big truck drivers parking their rigs and buying up little economy cars for their commute? Sure was a good time to buy up gas guzzlers at discount prices though.....

I had a few trucks I lifted. My rule of thumb was 1" for every tire inch over 30". So 5 to 6 for 35's, 7 or 8 for 37's. It helps prevent rubbing and having to "shave" of any plastic trim on the bottom of the front bumper.

Without changing suspension and that ball joint stuff, 3”... That’s what I did on my truck, and I was able to fit ONLY a 34” tire, 10” wide... Still it rubbed some of the plastic on the edge of the fender when steering and Tire guy had to trim those plastics a little bit.

So, What I did was a 3” on front and 2” on the back, a kit that I bought on Americantruck.com

Lots of things to consider that will be adversely affected by a lift causing extra wear and tear over time.

Back
Top Bottom