• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck lift kit

DADI03

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
My son has just purchased a lift kit for his truck. We are going to start putting it on tonight. The main reason he's rushing to put the lift kit on is due to already needing some new control arms and bushings, rather than buy the stock ones then replace them with stock then just swapping hem out again with the lift kit he's just one and doneing it. The lift kit says not to use stock tires. The truck is on 20's stock, and he is planning on getting bigger tires on it but was wanting to wait to try to find what he wanted as well as see what would fit well after it is lifted. Does anyone know why you shouldn't run stock tires on a lifted truck? is this just a sales gimmick?

My son has just purchased a lift kit for his truck. We are going to start putting it on tonight. The main reason he's rushing to put the lift kit on is due to already needing some new control arms and bushings, rather than buy the stock ones then replace them with stock then just swapping hem out again with the lift kit he's just one and doneing it. The lift kit says not to use stock tires. The truck is on 20's stock, and he is planning on getting bigger tires on it but was wanting to wait to try to find what he wanted as well as see what would fit well after it is lifted. Does anyone know why you shouldn't run stock tires on a lifted truck? is this just a sales gimmick?

Reason 1: It looks goofy
Reason 2: The reason for the lift is to add bigger/taller tires.
Reason 3: It looks goofy
Reason 4: The lift may change the angle of certain components that require a different wheel offset.
Reason 5: It just looks goofy.

What kind of truck, lift size, what size tire is on it now?

Re

Reason 1: It looks goofy
Reason 2: The reason for the lift is to add bigger/taller tires.
Reason 3: It looks goofy
Reason 4: The lift may change the angle of certain components that require a different wheel offset.
Reason 5: It just looks goofy.

What kind of truck, lift size, what size tire is on it now?

Re

It's a 4 2 I believe.

He's planning on changing the tires. He just wants to check his clearances after the lift.

It has 275 55 20 on it now.

If it’s a 6 inch lift the factory rims might hit spindle
Also I noticed with stock rims it had a lot body roll and was scary to drive

Never thought about the spindles. I don't think it will be an issue though. I could see the body roll being there.

It's on a chevy 1500

So the answer to the question is. The rims rub the upper control arm when you turn the wheel. Needs a bigger off set. Found that out at 10 last night.

Back
Top Bottom