• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck drivers

Too easy....go to youtube, type in how to pass CDL test.

And if that don't work...

images

Wrong again....you are only allowed 14 hours.
So you need to go re-figure all them lil stats you blew out ya azz.
No, he’s right. Can’t drive after 14 hours working, and only 11 hours driving before break.
So you can drive 11 hours take a ten hour break and repeat day in and day out, and many do.

But, even using your fictional figures:

If a driver did a total of 14 hours of work (total of both "driving" and "on-duty, not driving" time) every day for the 5-day run,..

.. that's 70 hours.

So a federal average weekly wage of $880 divided by those 70 hours equals: $12.57 an hour.
Slightly better, but STILL supporting my point that the wages are TOO LOW to attract and keep quality American workers in these positions.

Big Trucking company drivers averaged $18 per hour for driving hrs and $10 per hour for ODND hours, in 1998ish

Big Trucking company drivers averaged $18 per hour for driving hrs and $10 per hour for ODND hours, in 1998ish
As to the present day and time... pay is the same now for most drivers as it was back in 1990 or so. I worked by the hour for a couple jobs $18 would have been nice, maybe a local job in Cali, but not in Georgia.
Job pay has stayed stagnant at about $800-$1000 a week take home for the last couple of decades.
I left that job for 16 years and made the same pay when I came back As when I left, for the same company.
Public showers, bathrooms, and living in the trucks is the reality for the vast majority of entry level trucking jobs.

I own my own truck and have a pretty good gig, but I still spend 3-4 nights out on the road if nothing breaks. But I’m doing considerably better than most drivers.

As to the present day and time... pay is the same now for most drivers as it was back in 1990 or so. I worked by the hour for a couple jobs $18 would have been nice, maybe a local job in Cali, but not in Georgia.
Job pay has stayed stagnant at about $800-$1000 a week take home for the last couple of decades.
I left that job for 16 years and made the same pay when I came back As when I left, for the same company.
Public showers, bathrooms, and living in the trucks is the reality for the vast majority of entry level trucking jobs.

I own my own truck and have a pretty good gig, but I still spend 3-4 nights out on the road if nothing breaks. But I’m doing considerably better than most drivers.
Not much competition in this area before the recession. Dump truck drivers make between 15 and 25 per hour around here now ( last time I talked with one of my friends about this was in june)

Not much competition in this area before the recession. Dump truck drivers make between 15 and 25 per hour around here now ( last time I talked with one of my friends about this was in june)
That’s stagnant for decades as well.
Back in early 1990 was about $16-18 in Hartwell Ga. if I’m remembering right.

Back
Top Bottom